Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to stop alarm if we do not know code

Options
  • 31-01-2015 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi, we have been living in our house for a year now. It had an alarm installed with a green light on it (astec). We never used or connected it as vendor said it was not connected. Today we turned mains off to do some electrical installations and the alarm started sounding, first inside the house, after outside (bothering the neighbours), and also some bipping on the alarm box on the wall.
    We do not know how to stop it. The default code is not working.
    Is there any electric cable/place we can cut to stop it?
    quite urgent please...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, we have been living in our house for a year now. It had an alarm installed with a green light on it (astec). We never used or connected it as vendor said it was not connected. Today we turned mains off to do some electrical installations and the alarm started sounding, first inside the house, after outside (bothering the neighbours), and also some bipping on the alarm box on the wall.
    We do not know how to stop it. The default code is not working.
    Is there any electric cable/place we can cut to stop it?
    quite urgent please...

You could try to default the system.
    Turn off the mains, remove the top lid on the control panel. Remove the two links on either side of the PCB that you will see. One on the right is the battery. The one on the left is the factory link. Put back on the battery link and the system will default once not engineer locked. 4711 and 1174 are the default codes. If the system does not disarm then its engineer locked. Then just remove the battery link and fuse which usually comes off when the lid is removed to down power the system completely. Alarm bell outside will turn off after 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 anonymus1268

Hi, thanks for the anwer. We could remove the lids on the control panel.
    But I am not sure which is the battery. :-(
    I have been able to take the fuse out.
    It is not sounding now, but I am afraid it will turn on again on one hour or so, because the light outside the house is still flashing.
    got any pictures of what the battery should look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, thanks for the anwer. We could remove the lids on the control panel.
    But I am not sure which is the battery. :-(
    I have been able to take the fuse out.
    It is not sounding now, but I am afraid it will turn on again on one hour or so, because the light outside the house is still flashing.
    got any pictures of what the battery should look like?

You won't get at the battery unless you remove the second cover. You do not need to tho. The battery link once removed kills the 12 V from the battery to the panel. It is located just right of the terminals just before the fuse location. If everything seems dead then I would say the battery is dead anyway.

Advertisement