Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Irish licence v UK Penalty Points

• 30-01-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ jimmy5694

Hi guys,

Moved to the UK in September last, I have a full Irish licence and thinking of buying a car here in the UK. Just out of curiosity I'm wondering what would happen if someone with an Irish licence gets pulled over/pass a speed camera for e.g. exceeding the limit, would that person receive a fixed penalty notice along with points or just fine?

How about bringing the car on UK plates into Ireland and passed a GATSO van exceeding the speed limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 gubbie

With an EU licence, residing in the UK, on UK roads (as I do) speeding is an automatic summons to court. You will be required to fill out a D9 form (this thing) which is a basic skeleton licence which you use with your Irish one and will be where all further points go. Rack up 12 (think it's 12) and you're off the road.

Advertisement