Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravision and gamestop return policy?

Options
  • 30-01-2015 9:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭

if i bought a game from either how many days do i have to return it? also when i return it how do they know it is mine that has been returned, do i need to attach a note to it or similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Both have their policies on their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

When buying on-line
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Help/Index?section=ReturnRight
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Home/FAQs#ReturnsPolicy
    Note the Xtravision policy says 7 days after receipt. This is appears to be an error as distance selling law was increased from 7 days to 14 days.

There may be a different policy for over-the-counter sales so you may need to ask in-store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Johny_cash

[
    There may be a different policy for over-the-counter sales so you may need to ask in-store.[/quote]

Ta for the helpful answer. Do you know how it's handled, when returning it must you add a note or can you return the sealed game only, probably not because they wouldn't know who sent it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Johny_cash wrote: »
    Ta for the helpful answer. Do you know how it's handled, when returning it must you add a note or can you return the sealed game only, probably not because they wouldn't know who sent it
    Don't know their procedure, better you ask them. They might have different procedures depending on whether you're posting it back or bringing it to a branch (you'll likely need to show proof of purchase for the latter).

If you're posting it back you should clear it with them first. It's common for companies to require you to contact them first so they can provide you with a RMA which may take the form of a special label or just a number so that they can ensure the refund goes to the correct person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

they would have copy of serial number, It would have to be unopened, and you would need proof of purchase. Im guessing thats how they deal with software

• Advertisement
Advertisement