Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want music in my lid - scala rider given up the ghost

Options
  • 30-01-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭

Well, its only sort of given up the ghost, only plays from one ear and doesn't connect to bluetooth. (However I'd say I got about 10 years out of it through appalling conditions(being a courier'n'all) Any of you guys/lasses advise on which one might do?
    My remit is : stereo sound and the quality/loudness
    Radio
    ability to connect to android via blue tooth to play music
    Calls being answerable

I was thinking of a Shubert lid with the involved bluetooth neck thing but it looks shít so I have a proper Arai lid with recesses in it for the headphone/speaker assembly.

I'm particularly looking at the scala and there seems to be a few different models.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Well, its only sort of given up the ghost, only plays from one ear and doesn't connect to bluetooth. (However I'd say I got about 10 years out of it through appalling conditions(being a courier'n'all) Any of you guys/lasses advise on which one might do?
    My remit is : stereo sound and the quality/loudness
    Radio
    ability to connect to android via blue tooth to play music
    Calls being answerable

I was thinking of a Shubert lid with the involved bluetooth neck thing but it looks shít so I have a proper Arai lid with recesses in it for the headphone/speaker assembly.

I'm particularly looking at the scala and there seems to be a few different models.

Any advice?

10 hard years out of a scala!! Happy days I would be going scala again.

Me and a few others I ride with have the scala g9. As far as I know it's there top spec headset.

I don't listen to music, just have my phone connected via Bluetooth and use the intercom to tlk to other riders or my pillion.

Very good piece of kit although it can be awkward to set up 3 plus riders in a conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

This the chap? link
    Yould recommend it? Have you tried it with bluetooth enabled and connected to your phone to listen to music?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

This the chap? link
    Yould recommend it? Have you tried it with bluetooth enabled and connected to your phone to listen to music?

Yes I would recommend it. 120 on the motorway and receive a phone call no probs. they won't even know your on the bike. I have briefly used the Bluetooth to play music, for sat nav and the fm radio and I found it great. The Mrs would listen to music while on the back, I like to listen to the exhaust!

This place was the cheapest when we bought outs although we bought the powerset with two headsets. It's irish too which is another bonus. I have seen them go for crazy money Im some bike shops.

http://www.phonesonline.ie/car-kits/motorbike-handsfree.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

+1 for the scala G9 also, but its ridiculous to setup more the 2 people. If you buy the kit with 2 then they will be perfect.....trying to hook up four is next to impossible. Dont buy them just anywhere they are mad money.....we got them for half the price listed in Triumph Dublin and McCallens up north.

NOTE:

Yep that phonesplace is very good, even repaired my faulty earpiece a day before the 1 yr warranty was up. Its only some dude working out of his house all the same.

Is 190 euro for the g9 worth it or is it mad money guys?(from amazon) I think I bought my scalla for mad money but got great value from it.

• Advertisement

Any interest in buying a used unit, could sell mine I really dont use it anymore TBH. But its perfect and have all the connections even un-used muffs for the pads etc.

Wonda, I'm open, I have you classed as a chap that keeps his gear in good nick, we talked at the ride out by the way. What price we looking at? Pm me and we might meet up on the Sunday spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I have a Sharktooth, only got it as I had a Shark helmet and it fits well, control unit is nice and sleek with the battery hidden in the back of the helmet, simple 3 button controls, fully functional bluetooth to Android phone. I've never used the intercom but I've read that it will only work with other sharktooth systems. Sound isn't amazing or anything, I wasn't expecting any system to have great sound quality but it beats having wired ear buds in and is probably safer.

Wonda, I'm open, I have you classed as a chap that keeps his gear in good nick, we talked at the ride out by the way. What price we looking at? Pm me and we might meet up on the Sunday spin.

Will do, i will see whats what and bell you mate

Advertisement