Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for kitchen upfront

Options
  • 29-01-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

my son is buying a new kitchen. the provider is insisting on full payment up front while the kitchen is made. is this normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

my son is buying a new kitchen. the provider is insisting on full payment up front while the kitchen is made. is this normal?

I wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Nope! Offer him a third up front, another halfway through, and the final third on satisfactory completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

It is Kitchen this company world ..and I am paying for it so should I be worried about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

See the previous two posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out from RTE thread and moved to dedicated thread.

I personally wouldn't pay for the entire kitchen upfront. I'd prefer to pay in stages.

And I'd make sure to pay by credit/debit card. Paying in cash/cheque doesn't offer any protection in case something goes wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Absolutely no way should you pay upfront, go for the staged payment as described earlier

Edit: Is this for kitchen supply only? If it is, only pay upfront using a credit card. If supply & install, see earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement