Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental braces in Budapest

Options
  • 29-01-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I understand the restrictions in here but if anyone could recommend a dentist in budapest for Braces please PM me.
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭phildin

I don't have a recommendation to give you just a word of caution that orthodontics is different to other kinds of dentistry and tends to involve lots of back and forth. I've had some treatment done over the past few years and considered Newry (I'm in Dublin) but decided that the petrol costs and the requirement to take time off work would negate the savings.

Even if you're just getting a permanent retainer fitted, which sounds like a one off job, you'll still likely need a few visits. I still see my orthodontist 2 or 3 times a year and it's all covered by the original (admittedly non-trivial) fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Cagney123 wrote: »
    Hi I understand the restrictions in here but if anyone could recommend a dentist in budapest for Braces please PM me.
    Many Thanks

Their was a dental treatment abroad thread in AH lately, a search should find it quick enough.

Have a read of that.

Everything is still vastly cheaper abroad with higher specced clinics + you dont have to go to budapest.

The Dentists will be along ina bit to put the "fear" in ya like they do to so many over in the sham of a Dental Forum, so you're probably better off clicking unfollow.

Im on phone, id link only for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

OP unlike other types of treatments which people tend to travel for like crowns/implants/veneers etc which can be completed in relatively few visits over a couple of months, orthodontic treatments can take up to two years and involve visits every six weeks or so. And that does not include the unscheduled visits to re-bond brackets or replace broken wires. So if you wish to travel any distance for treatment, consider that you may have to travel 12-16 times during treatment. That is a heck of a lot of travelling and additional expenditure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

_Jumper_ wrote: »
    Everything is still vastly cheaper abroad with higher specced clinics + you dont have to go to budapest.

Abroad ... no

In countries where the average monthly earning is far lower than Ireland, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Their was a dental treatment abroad thread in AH lately, a search should find it quick enough.

Have a read of that.

The Dentists will be along ina bit to put the "fear" in ya like they do to so many over in the sham of a Dental Forum, so you're probably better off clicking unfollow.

Im on phone, id link only for that.

please do link if its within the charter of this forum, I'm interested in this too and have also seen the scare tactics used over on the dentist forum. I don't see why Boardss doesnt open a Dentristy Abroad forum, its not our fault that we can't afford Irish dentists for cosmetic work. People would get it here if they could afford it rather than flying half way across Europe for something they can afford

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    please do link if its within the charter of this forum, I'm interested in this too and have also seen the scare tactics used over on the dentist forum. I don't see why Boardss doesnt open a Dentristy Abroad forum, its not our fault that we can't afford Irish dentists for cosmetic work. People would get it here if they could afford it rather than flying half way across Europe for something they can afford

A couple of months ago a poster wrote numerous posts about how good a particular clinic is abroad. Turned out she is the Irish agent for the clinic and gets paid per patient she gets to go there. I'm sure one of the mods will be able to provide a link to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You can request Forums here.

AH Thread is here, good few went abroad in different countries in that, bump it and you'll get more no doubt. The shame of a Dental Forum even gets a mention in it there aswell.

davo10 wrote: »
    A couple of months ago a poster wrote numerous posts about how good a particular clinic is abroad. Turned out she is the Irish agent for the clinic and gets paid per patient she gets to go there. I'm sure one of the mods will be able to provide a link to the thread.
    Forum is run by Dentists for personal gain. The only mention they want of going abroad is one where it might have gone wrong.

No Prices allowed, no recommendations allowed, no reason given anywhere why, someone asked and got carded and told read the charter I seen. No reason in there.:confused:

Their's other stuff I spotted and just can't think now.

Nasty Forum.

You can request Forums here.

AH Thread is here, good few went abroad in different countries in that, bump it and you'll get more no doubt. The shame of a Dental Forum even gets a mention in it there aswell.

Forum is run by Dentists for personal gain. The only mention they want of going abroad is one where it might have gone wrong.

No Prices allowed, no recommendations allowed, no reason given anywhere why, someone asked and got carded and told read the charter I seen. No reason in there.:confused:

Their's other stuff I spotted and just can't think now.

Nasty Forum.

The dentists on there don't gain anything, the chances of posters being their patients is minute, the fact that their identities are hidden mean the posters cannot find them to go to them. On the other hand what they do have is experience of seeing the results.

The reason no names and prices are allowed should be obvious. Shilling would be rife (I've already posted above about one representative of a foreign clinic who posted as a patient to try and drum up business, she gets paid per patient she entices to go there) . Also if you allowed names it would expose boards to legal problems if a poster made unsubstantiated allegations (like the ones you made above) against a clinic. PMs are allowed and in fact encouraged by the Mods, you can post about how good/bad a clinic is anywhere in the world and invite readers to pm you if they want the name.

You seem to be raging against boards rather than offering any concrete proof to back up your statements. Which clinic abroad did you personally visit, in what way was it higher spec'd than clinics here, what did you have done and how much did it cost? If you are not able to answer these, it is an example of why names of clinics are not allowed, people just post rubbish about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My wife has had crowns done in Slovakia but she has 6-8 weeks there in the summer and gets it done early in case of problems.I've had scale and polish at most due to limited time. By far the best I've ever had with a Max cost of E25.
    We also had a h dentist recommended to us and return to him each time. So its not a case of pick a website and hope.

Advertisement