Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to secure a side wall

Options
  • 29-01-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    Just looking for some advice. My eldery in-laws live in the end house in an estate and has been broken into twice recently. They have an alarm - on one occassion the house was broken into while my MIL was there and was threatened. The latest burglary was on the back shed.

On both occasions the side wall was clearly jumped over. The wall itself is between 7 / 8 ft.

Is there anyway to secure the wall in anyway? Someone mentioned plastic spikes to go on top but I'm not sure of they are legal?

All suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

drik wrote: »
    Hi
    Just looking for some advice. My eldery in-laws live in the end house in an estate and has been broken into twice recently. They have an alarm - on one occassion the house was broken into while my MIL was there and was threatened. The latest burglary was on the back shed.

On both occasions the side wall was clearly jumped over. The wall itself is between 7 / 8 ft.

Is there anyway to secure the wall in anyway? Someone mentioned plastic spikes to go on top but I'm not sure of they are legal?

All suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks all.

Rather than go down the route of spikes/glass on walls the I would suggest installing outdoor detectors. GJD have one I have used with good results in the past. You would need an alarm system to use them. Also security lights in the area are a good deterrent.

Advertisement