Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Social 'buttons'/icons

Options
  • 29-01-2015 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I have a website that has Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus share counts on each relevant page which works grand, now I'm trying to make it so that when a user clicks on the relevant social count for a network it will kick off the share of the page on that network.

I don't want to use the default buttons that each network supplies, for example RTE.ie use a custom button for their articles, example: http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0129/676374-weather/, you can see the social options under the article title.

I'm not looking for the answer to be handed to me, just pointed me in the right direction?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Ziycon wrote: »
    I have a website that has Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus share counts on each relevant page which works grand, now I'm trying to make it so that when a user clicks on the relevant social count for a network it will kick off the share of the page on that network.

I don't want to use the default buttons that each network supplies, for example RTE.ie use a custom button for their articles, example: http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0129/676374-weather/, you can see the social options under the article title.

I'm not looking for the answer to be handed to me, just pointed me in the right direction?

Any help appreciated.

Have a look at the JavaScript APIs for twitter/facebook, you should be able to retrieve info and post likes/shares etc. using these. You can also style them as needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Got it all sorted, that's for the pointer, I thought there might have been a 3rd party plugin I could have used, but I just went down the route of using the APIs with custom JS.

Advertisement