Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Flat in Terenure or Rathgar area that accepts rent allowance.

Options
  • 29-01-2015 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys been living in flat in terenure for last ten years. I was working when i first got this flat the landlord is one of the nicest guys i have ever met. when i lost my job he signed the rent form no problem, having said that i was never late with rent and fixed most things myself. he kept the place clean. five other people living in house two others on rent allowance also. we all signed the forms stating the rent is 80 euro a week even though the rent is 120 euro a week. there are no flats for under 100 a week in Dublin ,, I take it the department of social welfare know this also they cant be that dumb. the problem i have is last november the landlord told us he is selling the whole house as a family home and not selling as flats. the workers arrived the other day some people have moved out already.

I am just asking does anyone know of flats going in terenure, ratgar, for 120 to 130 a week. i have letter from my landlord as reference with his phone number. i am 52 year old male working few hours in mornings so entitled to rent allowance. i have rang a few one landlords told me that the rent allowance is so low now they cant accept it. well i have been doing ok for last 3 years. mind you i don't drink or smoke so no real expences. anyone know of flats for rent in these areas, where the landlords except rent allowance. cheers. keith

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

As a gentle reminder to all we cannot allow discussion of breaches to social welfare rules, so please keep that in mind with regards to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

dont see anywhere in dublin going for that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

Hi guys been living in flat in terenure for last ten years. I was working when i first got this flat the landlord is one of the nicest guys i have ever met. when i lost my job he signed the rent form no problem, having said that i was never late with rent and fixed most things myself. he kept the place clean. five other people living in house two others on rent allowance also. we all signed the forms stating the rent is 80 euro a week even though the rent is 120 euro a week. there are no flats for under 100 a week in Dublin ,, I take it the department of social welfare know this also they cant be that dumb. the problem i have is last november the landlord told us he is selling the whole house as a family home and not selling as flats. the workers arrived the other day some people have moved out already.

I am just asking does anyone know of flats going in terenure, ratgar, for 120 to 130 a week. i have letter from my landlord as reference with his phone number. i am 52 year old male working few hours in mornings so entitled to rent allowance. i have rang a few one landlords told me that the rent allowance is so low now they cant accept it. well i have been doing ok for last 3 years. mind you i don't drink or smoke so no real expences. anyone know of flats for rent in these areas, where the landlords except rent allowance. cheers. keith

You'll really struggle to find anywhere in those areas for that price. Have you considered broadening your search area?

All the advice i can offer is to check whats currently available in the rentals section of Daft.ie and MyHome.ie.

Best of luck Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 7 keithmolloy77

cheers , yes i been looking on daft every add has no rent allowance accepted. i suppose i will have to let the rent allowance go, and just put all my income in to rent , thats just the way the market is in dublin. if i move out of dublin i will lose my morning job as the traveling would rule out what i make. sending off cvs all day thats the only way to go is get job that i will pay the 140 to 160 landlords are now asking. but i have to date sent of 203 cvs in last two months. maybe i can rent room in house. cheers guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

cheers , yes i been looking on daft every add has no rent allowance accepted. i suppose i will have to let the rent allowance go, and just put all my income in to rent , thats just the way the market is in dublin. if i move out of dublin i will lose my morning job as the traveling would rule out what i make. sending off cvs all day thats the only way to go is get job that i will pay the 140 to 160 landlords are now asking. but i have to date sent of 203 cvs in last two months. maybe i can rent room in house. cheers guys.

A house share could be a good bet for that price range.

Have you tried similar areas on the northside? Phibsboro, Arbour Hill?

• Advertisement

yes nothing on daft. looks like room in house. i have about month month and half left.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Keith you might put up an advertisement on daft.ie yourself - a lot of owner occupiers may be open to sharing with you and they don't always advertise but they search out the wanted ads. Gumtree may also be another outlet.

You could also try to put up a notice in local establishments (local shops, library, communities centres etc).

never shared before love my space . but yha will put up add on daft. thanks great idea i did not know i could do that cheers. i will put up here how i got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,683 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Seems to me that your choices are to either share accommodation, move somewhere cheaper, or get more work-hours so that you're not dependent on rent-allowance any more.

Also, a thought for you: if you've used your real name as your login details, then it might be a good idea to make sure that none of your posts suggest you would do anything illegal. I would guess that DSP's investigations staff monitor boards content the same way that the guards do.

it is my name and i tell the truth about whats going on in it is what it is. worked all my life here untill the boss closed the company. i said it to my community welfare officer. i said you know there are no flats going for under 120 in Dublin. she did no answer. this is true. its Ireland , Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement