Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies clothes for work

Options
  • 28-01-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi there,

Hoping ye can help me. I am looking for clothes for work that both washes well and is flattering. I work in a place where looking presentable but with a lot of physical labour and heavy lifting is often required. I would love to wear shirtsas I find these most flattering(accentuate my waist) but on one or two occasions the shoulder has burst due to lifting and pulling (not a good look).

Nice top with black trousers , dresses to the knee is the kind of thing i'm after.
    I can get very warm when moving but can be cold if I have to sit at a desk. Is cotton a good way to go? Willing to pay a bit extra for few bits that will last. Pennys/dunnes just don't work for me as I am tall.

Any ideas or advice welcomed :) Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Melena wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hoping ye can help me. I am looking for clothes for work that both washes well and is flattering. I work in a place where looking presentable but with a lot of physical labour and heavy lifting is often required. I would love to wear shirtsas I find these most flattering(accentuate my waist) but on one or two occasions the shoulder has burst due to lifting and pulling (not a good look).

Nice top with black trousers , dresses to the knee is the kind of thing i'm after.
    I can get very warm when moving but can be cold if I have to sit at a desk. Is cotton a good way to go? Willing to pay a bit extra for few bits that will last. Pennys/dunnes just don't work for me as I am tall.

I love next and Tesco for a women's clothing for work. The dresses wash well and are super comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hikingqueen

I have found Debenham's to have good quality work clothes for good prices, a step up from Penney's in quality but the price is worth it for the added durability. I've also found that machine-washing most "dry clean only" clothes on the gentle cycle with special detergent in a delicates bag usually works just fine (try it on something not too precious first). TK Maxx has a lot of very good quality shirts right now at good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

M&S is good quality and wash really well. I think their clothes suit taller people, I'm short and tried on a jumper in it at the weekend and it just sat too long on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

As others have said Next, M&S and Debenhams are great for workwear. Zara can have some nice bits. Wallis can also be good for some bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Mango suit collection is my fave for workwear, the dresses are perfect length and wash well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

Great, Thank you for the replies! Going to do some shopping this week. I feel clothes you wear a lot of are definitely worth investing in. Looking at getting some clarks brogues for footwear as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dee15

Hi there,

I'm 6" and Penney's stuff is perfect on me! I presumed it would be too short and bought a trousers in Next which haven't worn well at all to be honest. Had to buy a pair of Penney's trousers when I spilt something on my trousers one evening and they haven't become half as worn as my Next ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

I can get very warm when moving but can be cold if I have to sit at a desk. Is cotton a good way to go?

I would say no to cotton cuz if youre actually sweating the cotton will soak it up but stays wet when you cool down and youll feel cold and horrible!

Advertisement