Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord wont give deposit back

Options
  • 28-01-2015 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Have been on year to year lease for three years. Three months ago last lease expired and we have moved out.

Once we have given the keys back, no major issues were found on inspection. New tenants moved in next day.

Landlord wont return deposit because she says property is not in the exactly same condition that was three years ago. She has pictures from 3 years ago to prove and she literaly wants property to be exactly the same. No renovation was done for 3 years. Nothing is broken too.

At the same time she is comming up with new things that needs to be fixed on a weekly basis, eventhough new people are living there for 3 months.

My questions:

Should she have taken pictures before new lease was signed every year? or any paperwork should have been given to me?

Can she ask me to replace items old for new and not like for like? for example she wants me to replace microwave because handle is wobbly.

How much time does she have to fix everything?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Tell her to Foxtrot Oscar. Three years, and all you have is a wobbly handle on the (cheapass) mic? Sounds like wear and tear to me, and she is taking the mick.

Ask for your deposit back (in writing) within a week, or you'll be taking a case with the PRTB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Contact the PRTB immediately as she is not allowed to keep a cent of your deposit for "normal wear and tear"!

If she says cleaning or repairs were required she must proove that with receipts from proper companies and can't charge for work done herself or by her family/friends.

Advertisement