Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EURO DEATH

Options
  • 28-01-2015 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Its been asked a lot lately, with conflicting answers everywhere, but can someone well versed on this subject just give me a definitive answer as to whether or not I should change euros into dollars now, in a month, or in May?!

I know its not predictable, but what is likely or most plausible? Will the Euro gain back a little bit of strength or is it going to go further down the drain!

God bless yal xoxo :pac::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

BMmeow wrote: »
    Its been asked a lot lately, with conflicting answers everywhere, but can someone well versed on this subject just give me a definitive answer as to whether or not I should change euros into dollars now, in a month, or in May?!

I know its not predictable, but what is likely or most plausible? Will the Euro gain back a little bit of strength or is it going to go further down the drain!

God bless yal xoxo :pac::confused:

I've no answer for you but are you talking about changing to dollar now and changing back if it there is a more favourable exchange rate ? If so what could you make on say €100000

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

If its a large amount could be worth splitting exchange into 3 parts to spread the risk.
    if a small amount better to exchange in one go to save on exchange fees and its only a small amount anyway.
    Fed (US central bank) monthly statement this evening could signal a delay in raising rates which would probably weaken the US dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭BMmeow

Bullocks wrote: »
    I've no answer for you but are you talking about changing to dollar now and changing back if it there is a more favourable exchange rate ? If so what could you make on say €100000

no just changing spending money for a trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭BMmeow

If its a large amount could be worth splitting exchange into 3 parts to spread the risk.
    if a small amount better to exchange in one go to save on exchange fees and its only a small amount anyway.
    Fed (US central bank) monthly statement this evening could signal a delay in raising rates which would probably weaken the US dollar.

weaken it for how long?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

BMmeow wrote: »
    no just changing spending money for a trip!

It's unlikely to change a significant amount in the coming months. However, there's definitely more upside to the dollar at the moment so any big change will probably only be in favour of that - based on the fed raising rates, strong US growth and peripheral problems in the Eurozone.

Nobody knows for sure, but if you're sensitive to these rate changes, probably best changing your money now. That said, anything could happen between now and when you go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement