We've partnered up with to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from and get an exclusive discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

College help!

  • 28-01-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 13 ✭✭✭ madden931

    Hello, im 22 and currently doing a fas course in software develpoment. I want to go back to college but dont know where to start or if im entitled to BTEA?
    Ive already went to 2 years of college and dropped out. So i cant get a grant?
    Any help would be great thanks.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭ skooterblue2

    Not really Appropriate here but...... In a slightly different situation.
    I found my Social Welfare Case Officer (You do have one you just have to ask for an appoinment) to be the best help ever. You need to get your skates on and know what you want and where you want it. I though Social welfare case officers were about chasing you off the Dole. Mine was like "I can see you dont want to be here in two years time, ... this is how I can help..... Have you applied to'll set it up)? .... have you seen the Adult Education officer at your local college (here is his number)?". Dont just look at the college course make sure your college gives you plently of support sturctures (maths grinds programming grinds during lunch time).

  • Administrators Posts: 33,521 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ dudara

    Moved to the Student Finances forum