Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrowroot

Options
  • 27-01-2015 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Anybody know where I can find this powder in Cork city? I've tried a few health shops already. Tesco don't have it either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Which Tesco did you try? I got a container of it in Tesco Douglas a few months ago, just had a look at it there and it's Tesco own brand and it's in a pinkish/purply container. It was down with the baking goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭black_magic

mimihops wrote: »
    Which Tesco did you try? I got a container of it in Tesco Douglas a few months ago, just had a look at it there and it's Tesco own brand and it's in a pinkish/purply container. It was down with the baking goods.

It was the Tesco in Wilton. Must try Douglas, thanks a mil mimihops!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Was just going to say I say it in there. In fairness the Douglas one has a huge selection of herbs

Just back from Douglas, and the little tubs of arrowroot have been discontinued! Any other input people? I'm starting to wonder if arrowroot is absolutely essential in my recipe..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just back from Douglas, and the little tubs of arrowroot have been discontinued! Any other input people? I'm starting to wonder if arrowroot is absolutely essential in my recipe..

Chances are that you could use cornflour.
    What is the recipe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Quay Co-op in ballincollig have it, so most likely Quay Co-op in city center have it to. I also saw it in Super Value in Ballincollig. Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Cornflour will do the same as arrowroot, but it will also cloud up your mixture, whereas arrowroot will leave it clear.

It's for coating chicken before dipping in egg and ground almonds, the end result being a variation of chicken schnitzel. Probably could use cornflower, but I kinda wanna see what all the fuss is about with the arrowroot! Will hit the co-op. Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Oh, i wouldn't hesitate to use cornflour then! Best of luck, and pics please:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

dibkins wrote: »
    Oh, i wouldn't hesitate to use cornflour then! Best of luck, and pics please:D

+1

Without doubt, you can use cornflour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

you should find it in the baking section in Supervalu or Dunnes, Dr Oetker do a version of it in a sachet.

Advertisement