Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Specsavers contact lens

Options
  • 27-01-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys , so today I got to take my contact lenses home to try them and keep for about a month(monthlys) until my next appointment where I will purchase others. So on the specsavers website it says I can get monthlies from 7euro a month but getting home and seeing the brochure they gave me, They wrote on it that it would about 90 euro ( about 26 euro a month) for them, and the cheapest option was a (20 euro a month option). I want to know if any of you have any similiar experiences i.e they are doing this to try and milk you but in reality you can just ask for the 7 euro a month ones or if these are the only option I have (perhaps due to the prescription or something) cause this seems to be the case. Again has this happened to any of you and what did you do. I was really looking forward to contatcs , spending 22 euro for contatcs worth that would last me 3 months, only to be told I have to spend 80 is quite disheartening, which has really put me off.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hanker wrote: »
    Hey guys , so today I got to take my contact lenses home to try them and keep for about a month(monthlys) until my next appointment where I will purchase others. So on the specsavers website it says I can get monthlies from 7euro a month but getting home and seeing the brochure they gave me, They wrote on it that it would about 90 euro ( about 26 euro a month) for them, and the cheapest option was a (20 euro a month option). I want to know if any of you have any similiar experiences i.e they are doing this to try and milk you but in reality you can just ask for the 7 euro a month ones or if these are the only option I have (perhaps due to the prescription or something) cause this seems to be the case. Again has this happened to any of you and what did you do. I was really looking forward to contatcs , spending 22 euro for contatcs worth that would last me 3 months, only to be told I have to spend 80 is quite disheartening, which has really put me off.
    Thanks in advance

What type of lenses are they? Are they toric lenses for astigmatism? Do you plan on wearing them all day everyday? The cheaper lenses are an older material that is only suitable for a Max 10 hours per day 5 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hanker

Hey i really appreciate the swift reply, yes they are toric, and just durring college, which is like 9-6 and for sports on the weekends

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hey i really appreciate the swift reply, yes they are toric, and just durring college, which is like 9-6 and for sports on the weekends

Toric lenses will be more expensive. What is your prescription?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hanker

SPH -3.00 CYL -1.50 AXIS 160.0 - RIGHT EYE
    SPH -3.25 CYL -1.25 AXIS 160.0 - LEFT

SPH -3.00 CYL -1.50 AXIS 160.0 - RIGHT EYE
    SPH -3.25 CYL -1.25 AXIS 160.0 - LEFT

Ah OK. You could probably get slightly cheaper but you would be restricted with how long you could wear them for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement