Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIY Mini-Projector For Smartphones €16 Delivered [TMart]

• 27-01-2015 7:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Bit of a strange one here that I've found browsing TMart, it's a DIY projector.

Essentially you put your phone into it and it mirrors the screen onto a wall or background, sounds pretty cool.

It's €16 so I said why not but I haven't any sort of discount code like I usually do for TMart, none that I could find anyway.

It says it can accommodate an iPhone 6 but not an iPhone 6+ so phones less than 5 inches should fit grand.

Gonna be interesting to see how it works and maybe it'll be of some use to some of you. Seems almost similar to Google cardboard.

As always delivery will be around 2 to 3 weeks.

Link: Here.

Cheers.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

A great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Juat bought one! Handy as a backup projector!

The other idea is to have a cheap phone that's not used anymore, and put some photos and a rotating gallery on it, and use it as a digital photo frame!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Personally I'd prefer to put the money towards a chromecast and cast videos wirelessly to a tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 raggededge

AstraOwner wrote: »
    A great bunch of lads.

Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Personally I'd prefer to put the money towards a chromecast and cast videos wirelessly to a tv!

I already have a Chromecast, love that.

I don't have a 65" TV though haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

I already have a Chromecast, love that.

I don't have a 65" TV though haha.

Good Point

Some customer images would be handy, I wonder what the quality is like

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I've done something similar before and have used pocket projectors and home theatre projectors. In a completely dark room this might be just about watchable but I doubt it's going to be enjoyable experience. The brighter the phone the better but I think contrast won't be great and picture mightn't be the sharpest the larger you try and make it. Youtube has a few videos of how you can make something similar

Advertisement