Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Renter

Options
  • 27-01-2015 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,

Myself and my boyfriend are going to be moving out into an apartment around the rathmines/ranelagh area in the next 2 months and I was just wondering is it more difficult for first time renters to get a place since we won't have any previous landlord references etc.? We're both employed so getting an employment reference won't be an issue!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

This will probably get my head torn off by others but...

On my first rental many years ago I got a mate of mine to write me a reference saying I rented off him for a year and I was a great tenant etc.

Worked a treat and stayed in that apartment for 3 years before moving on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

That sounds like a plan, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Slightly different but I rented from my sister & had a letter from her when moving. It did get questioned & once explained, the landlord was happy enough with it.

Maybe honesty is the best policy and if you could maybe pay 2 months deposit (with 1 being returned after 6 months of no issues) then it might work the best.

Advertisement