Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I break up with my girlfriend?

Options
  • 27-01-2015 4:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I've been with my girlfriend now for a little over six months. At the beginning of our relationship I was crazy about her, but in the last month or so my feelings have been fading. I do really care about her and the thought of hurting her kills me, because she doesn't deserve it at all. I'm not physically attracted to her anymore, she just doesn't appeal to me sexually at all, whereas in the beginning she did. I find myself very bored in the relationship also, we never do anything really other than just watch TV in either her place or mine. Before I was with her I was big into going out, clubbing and hanging out with friends, and she's just not. Lately I can't stop fantasising about being with other girls, but feel terrible at the same time because my girlfriend is so loyal to me. Another problem I have is I don't have any close friends anymore, because I put all my time into her at the start of our relationship (not saying it's her fault) so I'm afraid of being completely alone if I do break up with her. I know I probably won't find another girl who treats me as well as she does, but i just know that I will never have those feelings for her again. What do I do?

Any advice will be appreciated
    Lostboy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Yes is the simple answer. If you hadn't written six months in your post most of us might have suspected you were with this girl six years from the tone of your boredom with her. It really shouldn't be like this after just six months.

Move on and find someone who shares more of your interests for starters. More importantly this girl deserves someone who genuinely wants to be with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭maroon

Don't put it off. It's going to hurt anyway so you might as well be gentle but honest with her. If we should go by your username and you're in your twenties, maybe try and have some fun before going into any relationship. Always good to blow off the steam. Just a suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Simple answer: yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Yes, the sooner you do this the better. She'll get over it and hopefully meet someone who likes her better. Stop being so selfish.

It's not her fault you ditched your friends once you got with her. From that point of view the sooner the break happens. the better the chance of you salvaging your old friendships.

Advertisement