Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

composite doors cork

Options
  • 26-01-2015 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello, can anyone recommend a company that sells composite front doors please? Have rung a few places but prices are varying by hundreds!
    Or does anyone know anywhere that you can buy the door at a good cost price? Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

They are pretty expensive depending on the specs, did you do a search on boards? There's a couple of good threads with recommendations of companies.
    I'm not a a pc now so I can't find them but have a look, they're worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tubsand

54kroc wrote: »
    They are pretty expensive depending on the specs, did you do a search on boards? There's a couple of good threads with recommendations of companies.
    I'm not a a pc now so I can't find them but have a look, they're worth a read.

Thanks ill have a search and see what I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I presume you mean the 'Palladio'/ Profile Developments composite door (as opposed to the lesser, sandwich panel types). The price shouldn't vary that much for a true like for like quotation. Just make sure if you're getting sidelights or toplights that the same spec and style glass is being quoted for throughout or if you are happy to compromise on the side or top lights, that all quotations match. You would expect them all to be quoting for all making good of reveals and disposal of old frames. Make sure as well that you see samples of door furniture as the manufacturers corresponding furniture is really nice and some companies might penny pinch by scrimping on it. Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We got one a few years ago from Wests in Carrigaline. Very expensive but in fairness its a great door. We priced a few places at the time and all were coming in pretty much the same.

Advertisement