Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 Tablet - €44 from Meteor (with CeX trade-in)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Damn lunch time .. I only went and ordered it on its own :( Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

GBX wrote: »
    Damn lunch time .. I only went and ordered it on its own :( Oh well.

E-mail info@meteor.ie and get it cancelled, ordered one on its own last night also but cancelled it just now and ordered this instead. Incredible value for money really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Sam Mac wrote: »
    E-mail info@meteor.ie and get it cancelled, ordered one on its own last night also but cancelled it just now and ordered this instead. Incredible value for money really.

Emailed them now. Did they confirm cancellation for you quick enough?

GBX wrote: »
    Emailed them now. Did they confirm cancellation for you quick enough?

I rang them but online non-billpay orders require cancellation by email. They said it would be no bother. Just waiting on the confirmation email now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

How would the tablet compare to Nexus 7? I got the one about 12 months ago for circa 100 from Argos.....

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote: »
    How would the tablet compare to Nexus 7? I got the one about 12 months ago for circa 100 from Argos.....

Completely different OS. The Linx is basically a mini PC in your pocket. Spec-wise it is about the same as the Nexus 7, except you have expandable memory on this guy up to 64GB, and a HDMI port which are two great features to have. Factor in the price of this and its a no-brainer. Sell it on a year down the road for 50 quid no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Completely different OS. The Linx is basically a mini PC in your pocket. Spec-wise it is about the same as the Nexus 7, except you have expandable memory on this guy up to 64GB, and a HDMI port which are two great features to have.

Sorry I missed it was running Windows...dont mind that....

ANy idea of cache? 1GB or 2GB? want it to run XBMC as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Anyone know of a decent cover for this? Want to give it to staff to share i.e. see it get manhandled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Bargain of the year so far. Thanks op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Anybody having problems getting the order processed? I'm using O2 money card so could be that I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Bargain of the year so far. Thanks op.

You obviously missed the Macbook Air ;)

dodzy wrote: »

True but only one boardsie managed to actually get that in the end. This is slightly more widely available!

dodzy wrote: »

I wouldn't give you €2 for a computer with Mac OS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

True but only one boardsie managed to actually get that in the end. This is slightly more widely available!
    Ah I know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Was going to order one earlier today on its own, great bargain, cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

This ceX company, its OK to give them my IBAN yeah ? I didnt even think about when registering.

Great deal OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭pah

Handy saving if you have a CeX in your area.. (of course you can always sell the phone elsewhere, or keep it yourself if you wish)

You can get the Linx 7 for €44 from Meteor this way;

-Add the Lumia 530 Prepay and Linx 7 to your basket, and the €30 off 'bundle' promotion will apply, leaving your total at just under €89.98 for both.

Lumia 530: https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/lumia-530
    Linx 7: https://store.meteor.ie/tablets/linx-tab-7

-Sell the Lumia (Meteor locked, A condition) in-store/online to CeX for €46 cash - https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SNOKL5304GDGMETA#.VMZSA_6sWFU

Your Linx 7 has now just cost you a mere €43.88 - bargain! :D

EDIT: What's funny is that Meteor are advertising their 'Deal of the Month' for €149.99 for the *exact* same two products! :pac: https://store.meteor.ie/deal-of-the-month

--- This is an online promotion only it seems. ---

Great bargain Sam, decided to get this over the 8" bush tablet for 99 in Argos. I guess I can forgive you now for reneging on that Chinese tablet deal we had agreed on.

pah wrote: »
    Great bargain Sam, decided to get this over the 8" bush tablet for 99 in Argos. I guess I can forgive you now for reneging on that Chinese tablet deal we had agreed on.

:o Sorry about that one pah, hopefully this one makes up for it. :)

oleras wrote: »
    This ceX company, its OK to give them my IBAN yeah ? I didnt even think about when registering.

Great deal OP.

CeX are grand, use them all the time here - nothing to worry about there.

There appears to be only 5 tablets left in stock on the Meteor website guys, so get the orders in quick! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Seem to only have the phone left in yellow, will you still be able to sell that?

CeX are grand, use them all the time here - nothing to worry about there.
    How quickly do you get paid? If you go in store do you get paid there and then? If you sell to them online is there much of a wait?

How quickly do you get paid? If you go in store do you get paid there and then? If you sell to them online is there much of a wait?

Store pays you on the spot.

Online pays it to your bank account but it can take a while as their customer service is pretty slow in replying to emails - always telling you they are 'liaising with the team' and will 'revert back to you soon'. Let's just say it would be a whole lot easier to sell in-store.

Store pays you on the spot.

Online pays it to your bank account but it can take a while. Let's just say it would be a whole lot easier to sell in-store.

Was planning on going in anyway, just curious thanks!

Seem to only have the phone left in yellow, will you still be able to sell that?

Yes, they will pay you €46 cash for either the Black or the Yellow.

See here: https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SNOKL5304GYMETA

Cex won't know what hit them Wednesday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Cheers OP, got sorted for the deal :)

Cex won't know what hit them Wednesday morning!

Was just thinking the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Phone out of stock. Does the offer apply to any other models?

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Phone out of stock. Does the offer apply to any other models?

Tablet OOS now too.

Advertisement