Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent salad in Cork ?

Options
  • 26-01-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone tell me what restaurants serve up a reasonable selection of salad as part of their evening menu?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Rocket man looks awesome, its off one of the side streets between Patrick Street and Olivier Plunket Street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Rocket man looks awesome, its off one of the side streets between Patrick Street and Olivier Plunket Street

Cool thanks, think I passed it before :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Isn't rocketman a take-away? I didn't realise they did eat-in.

Market lane has three decent salads on the menu. Chicken salad, lamb salad and a goat cheese one I think.

Electric has three salads, squash and blue cheese, halloumi and a chicken one.

Orso does a prawn and rocket salad which is good, and a baked halloumi salad.

Castle cafe has two good salads, roast beef and a ceasar I think?

Eco's in douglas do 5 or 6 salads...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

I'm sorry I can't give you a useful answer (although I do remember getting a salad once in the Oriel House that I liked, but not much of a Salad person! :o) but it was too hard not to post this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Liberty grill is good, love the San Fran salad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭sporina

i lovvvvvvve Orzo's food - and the service is fab - and they do great salads..

its a small place though - nice for an intimate meal or a meet with friends..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tubsand

Clancys do a gorgeous chicken and bacon caesar. Actually everything they have is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Cafe Paridiso and Quay Co-op would be the best bets for good veggie meals & salads in the city... though that may be a bit OTT for what you're looking for.

http://www.cafeparadiso.ie/
    http://www.quaycoop.com/

+1 to Orso btw for great salads. They also serve a good selection of mains.

Rocket Man is awesome but takeaway only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Cafe paradiso rarely does salads this time of year though I think. Better chance in the summer.

Advertisement