Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

HDMI out of Range

Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭ bennyc

Well hopefully anyway !!
    I bought a HDMI to DVI connector to use a monitor for the picture, I had intended to run the XBOX through a HDMI amp and take the PIC out to the monitor and could use the sound via the sound system.

It works perfectly for my Xbox 1 but no picture on the Xbox. So I was playing around with the HDMI output settings and still getting nothing to the monitor, I was connecting directly and still nothing. So after giving up for the evening I hooked the xbox back to the TV. Now the xbox goes through the boot motions connects the controller but getting no picture or sound. I connected via the scart leads and it works, I cannot change the HDMI output in this mode so this is where I am stuck. I read online you hold yellow and RT at boot to reset the HDMI but nothing either. I have tried different cables and ports.
    next step is to back up the HDD and reset the console unless someone can think of something.
    Cheers

Comments

Advertisement