Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me put together a home workout plan with minimum equipment please

Options
  • 25-01-2015 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm pretty new to a lot of this and i know there is a lot of expertise on the board so any help would be really appreciated.

I have a dual pull/chin up bar, a skipping rope, 2 x 10 KG hand weights, a 4 KG and a 16 KG kettle bell and a platform for jumps.

I want to tone and burn fat.

I currently have 2 workouts per week as follows

Skipping 3 mins warm up
    then this workout repeated 3 times
    Chin ups - 8 reps
    Box jumps - 10 reps
    Chest fly - 10 reps
    One legs squats - 10 each leg until leg is 90 degrees.

Anything obvious i should add or one piece of equipment that would help?

Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 narayananthony

Personally, I would modify that a little if your goals are fat loss and toning. Something in the style of a German Body Composition workout would be useful with the equipment you have.

Also, Diet is so important, the vast majority of this is diet. I'm no dietitian but lost 3 stone last year and got down from around 30% body fat to 14% and what I did was to cut out carbs as much as possible and up my protein intake. In doing that I naturally brought my calorie intake downwards. Big mods there were swapping in scrambled eggs for breakfast instead of a breakfast cereal and meat and veg in work for lunch instead of a sandwich/wrap. My dinners were always decent enough but I swapped things like rice out and used spinach as a substitute.

Regarding the workout, considering your goals and the equipment you have I would do a 2 day split in a GBC style workout. Focus on tempo, i.e. when your in a push/pull phase you should do that for 1 second and then when you are going back to your starting position you control the weight for 3-4 seconds...Its harder than it sounds

Make sure your technique is strong, in this instance less is more in terms of weights. I got an ego kick and went too heavy and injured myself...Technique technique technique...The knock on effects from an injury are devestating, you don't work out, you feel like crap, you eat crap.

So to my recommendation on a workout.... (I'm no expert, but here goes)

3 mins skipping for a warmup is probably fine

Routine is tempo of 1040 - basically 1 second push/pull + 4 seconds controlled movement
    Superset the exercises with 30 second rest intervals, you'll be breathing heavily and sweating buckets if you're strict on this

4 sets of each

A1
    Back Heel Elevated Split Squat -- use your step to elevate your back heel, also choose either the 4kg weights or the 10kg weights - do 12 off each leg
    A2
    Chin Ups - remember full extension at the bottom, 1 second on the up, 3-4 seconds on the downwards -- aim to do 4-6 per set

Idea with the superset is do 1 set of A1, rest for your rest interval then do your A2. Rest again, then A1 and so on. Do that for 4 sets, same for the B's same for the C's

B's - 4 sets
    B1
    Ideally you want to try and hit the hamstrings + glutes here -- not as easy at home as in the gym
    Box Jumps x 12 (or have a look at Geronimos also)
    B2
    Shoulder Press x 12 -- use the 10Kg weights and focus on controlling the weight for 4 seconds on the way down

C's - 3 Sets - NO rest period!!! between C1 and C2 (C2->C1 take 30 seconds)
    C1
    Plank 1min
    C2
    Bicep Curls x 10 (control the weight on the way back down, 4 seconds)

Day 2 (supersets, 30 seconds, tempo...etc the same)
    A1
    Goblet Squats x 12 (use the 10kg/16kg weight)
    A2
    Renegade Rows (12 off each arm)
    B1
    Squat Jumps x12
    B2
    Push ups x12 (Tempo!!!!! 4 seconds going down)
    C1
    V-sit Crunch 60seconds
    C2
    Tricep kickbacks 4kg x12 off each arm

Just my $0.02 -- its something like what I was doing in the initial fat burn phase of my program

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭RedWolfCQB

Advertisement