Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts Columns

Options
  • 25-01-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I've started writing some darts columns for the website Online Oche

Here's an article on a division two premier league I just did - thought it might provoke a chat on here

http://onlineoche.co.uk/time-for-division-two/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I like it and its something that I've spoke about before, not sure others will like it as some people are not fussed on the PL.

I would like to see promotions and relegations. Could be run on Wed(?) night, smaller venues, cheaper tickets,etc but still rake in a fortune for the PDC. I think its a very real possibility in future. They could even run a 'B' league around European venues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

It'll probably happen sooner or later. There were a lot of players who were close to getting into the PL this year and it's a bit all or nothing. Having a second division would go some way to resolving this. Promotion/relegation would be crucial, it's not the end of the world if you go down and there is a huge incentive to go up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There's already too much Premier League as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Kingp35 wrote: »
    There's already too much Premier League as it is.

It's probably not going to disappear soon so probably only fair that a second division is launched to see how it goes at least. Too many good players and entertaining players who won't get a chance.

My main issue with the current format is the difference between being in or out and a second division would make it more inclusive. It would also prepare players who don't have so much experience for the top level.

Advertisement