Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for discharge from RDF - "absent"

Options
  • 25-01-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, hope you can help :)

I’ve been away from home for a while, and when I got back I found a letter from the RDF in a pile of mail

The letter advised me that I was being put on the non-effective list for being abroad (true), not attending training (also true) and being absent from a course and remaining absent – not true!!!

I’d like some advice on what to do – I can’t contact my old centre as it’s closed, and the barracks are not answering.

I know that I won’t be living in Ireland for a while, so I will have to leave the reserves.
    However, I am worried about the absent thing – if I apply for discharge will this be referred to on the discharge form or anything? I work in the UK and the Army Reserves/TA is taken very seriously over there so something negative could have repercussions for me in the future

Since I can’t seem to get in touch with anyone, I’d really appreciate a steer!

Kind regards!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Hi guys, hope you can help :)

I’ve been away from home for a while, and when I got back I found a letter from the RDF in a pile of mail

The letter advised me that I was being put on the non-effective list for being abroad (true), not attending training (also true) and being absent from a course and remaining absent – not true!!!

I’d like some advice on what to do – I can’t contact my old centre as it’s closed, and the barracks are not answering.

I know that I won’t be living in Ireland for a while, so I will have to leave the reserves.
    However, I am worried about the absent thing – if I apply for discharge will this be referred to on the discharge form or anything? I work in the UK and the Army Reserves/TA is taken very seriously over there so something negative could have repercussions for me in the future

Since I can’t seem to get in touch with anyone, I’d really appreciate a steer!

Kind regards!

What was your original unit? And did you apply for any positions under the re-org?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Contact whatever Brigade HQ your unit was part of.

Advertisement