Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphic design

Options
  • 25-01-2015 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, i was wandering if anyone might be able to give me advice, on what would be the best computer to buy for doing Graphic design. Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Try the building and upgrading forum and provide more details. There is a questionnaire in one of the sticky's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Great original question - truly original -

NMB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Probably moreso for Arts\Digital Art Design and animation.
    The building sticky (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74542374) would be missing a few questions

But anyways, questions I'd have to ask...
    Is this a student setup or one for commercial work?

Apple Macs would feature heavily in many design workplaces and teaching centers, does this matter to you less than the budget.

How mobile does the setup have to be?
    I.e. laptop for collaborating/ demonstrating, or a dual screen, big screen desktop for long hours of work at a desk, mixture of both (laptop with separate screen + external storage).

Will you be using the Adobe Creative Suite subscription, Photoshop, Indesign, Lightroom or more of the software? i.e. what graphic design in particular. 3D work, animation, video, print, web, photographic work?

Graphic design work is usually demanding on RAM, storage space and screen space/ resolution, less so on CPU speed.

Advertisement