Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting married in New York

Options
  • 25-01-2015 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Myself and OH have decided to get married in NYC in September. We have booked flights and accommodation and have a honeymoon itinerary planned.

We are spending 4 days in New York and I'm just wondering at this stage I their any preparations we should be doing. Our plan is to have a simple ceremony at city hall and then go for a meal to a nice restaurant. Any practical advice welcome. It will be our first visit to the states.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭MarieOC

Congrats! We got married in NYC a few weeks ago and it was so amazing, I'm kinda jealous would love to do it again.

To get married in NYC it's super easy - we landed on a Sunday, got our licence at the city clerks office on the Monday morning and got married on the Tuesday. Before you go over you'll need to fill in the application for your licence but this expires after 21 days so you don't need to fill it out for ages yet.

We had planned on a small city clerks office wedding too but in the end decided to brave the cold and get married in Central Park (if there is less than 20 people, you don't need a permit). Our photographer and celebrant were great so I'm happy to pass on details if you'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 padre t

Hi Guys

Myself and OH have decided to get married in NYC in September. We have booked flights and accommodation and have a honeymoon itinerary planned.

We are spending 4 days in New York and I'm just wondering at this stage I their any preparations we should be doing. Our plan is to have a simple ceremony at city hall and then go for a meal to a nice restaurant. Any practical advice welcome. It will be our first visit to the states.

Thanks

probably a bit late , but might help someone else:
    Prepared wedding online , showed up at the bureau on 9th June, took a ticket, met lady behind counter...in and out in 30 min , had to wait 24 hours for the wedding foolishly thought it would be just as quick..nope!! The 10th of June was a Friday ..HUGE crowd ... (apparently Fridays are very busy !?) 4 hours waiting for a 10 min service..admittedly some was our fault because after getting ticket again ..waiting our turn ..meeting another lady..who told us to go to station 5 which we did , but we didn't know we had to inform the clerk at that station that we were there,so 30 minutes wasted, but there you go ....altogether a brilliant experience and wouldn't change a thing...except we came from Ireland and to get the licence recognised here we then had to go another room to get the extended certificate which took an hour in a queue then to the Supreme Court for verification of that signature plus 3 dollars cash ( another queue ) then finally to 123 William Street ,a few blocks away to get the extended cerificate verified ( another 10 dollars) and 1 and half hour queue (Make sure you get a money order from post office,nothing else is acceptable )...all in all very beurocratic but very memorable and again I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING!!! Enjoy your day and I hope this helps somewhat

Advertisement