Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a Morris Minor to restore.

Options
  • 25-01-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am looking for a Morris Minor with a decent body and interior, don't mind doing a little bit of work on these.
    I don't mind if the engine is working or not will be bale to fix it my self. I am in Dublin but could travel to see it and maybe buy it.
    I am on a tight budget and there for don't have a tone of money to spend on the car.

Any information regarding a car or regarding places to look would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice choice. A Minor is a nice car and they're easily worked on and just about any part car be sourced new or secondhand quite easily and affordably. I had a 1960 2 door a couple of years back than I ran daily with little issues.
    Anyway, sadly I can't help you in your search. I presume you saw the 1963 FZE reg Minor on Donedeal in Cavan for €550. I called about it a few days ago but apparently the body is too far gone which is a shame considering the Irish plate.
    Good luck with the search/resto!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

MORRIS - MINOR
    Buy Morris Minor 1000, classic interior and in good original condition with original carpet in good condition, needs slight restoration and historical expertise. Real photos of their current status. It stopped working about four years ago. I also offer restore order. A car with increasing value. I sell for change of hobby and projects before him. I am second owner since 1991. No changes or loss of time, only people really interested. Thank You. Color black
    € 2,900
    year
    kms
    gasoline
    +34626364300

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waters123e

Nice choice. A Minor is a nice car and they're easily worked on and just about any part car be sourced new or secondhand quite easily and affordably. I had a 1960 2 door a couple of years back than I ran daily with little issues.
    Anyway, sadly I can't help you in your search. I presume you saw the 1963 FZE reg Minor on Donedeal in Cavan for €550. I called about it a few days ago but apparently the body is too far gone which is a shame considering the Irish plate.
    Good luck with the search/resto!

Thanks and yes I had seen that car, check DoneDeal regularly but like you thought that the body would take far to much time and I don't have alot of body work knowledge. There was also a nice one up in Roscommon for 400 but it quickly went down (Body looked more repairable.)

Waters123e wrote: »
    Thanks and yes I had seen that car, check DoneDeal regularly but like you thought that the body would take far to much time and I don't have alot of body work knowledge. There was also a nice one up in Roscommon for 400 but it quickly went down (Body looked more repairable.)

I saw that one.
    You should pick up the Irish Vintage Scene magazine and look at the small ads for cars at the back. I have come across one or two cars in there that weren't on the net at all so got a lot less traffic. I'm looking at the most recent edition here for Feb 2015 and there is a 74 MGB project needing some engine work for €500 in Meath. Ads like this pop up every now and again, so it might be worth a look.

sunchaser wrote: »
    MORRIS - MINOR
    Buy Morris Minor 1000, classic interior and in good original condition with original carpet in good condition, needs slight restoration and historical expertise. Real photos of their current status. It stopped working about four years ago. I also offer restore order. A car with increasing value. I sell for change of hobby and projects before him. I am second owner since 1991. No changes or loss of time, only people really interested. Thank You. Color black
    € 2,900
    year
    kms
    gasoline
    +34626364300

Not really sure what you are saying and wondering why you are asking so much for it.

• Advertisement

I saw that one.
    You should pick up the Irish Vintage Scene magazine and look at the small ads for cars at the back. I have come across one or two cars in there that weren't on the net at all so got a lot less traffic. I'm looking at the most recent edition here for Feb 2015 and there is a 74 MGB project needing some engine work for €500 in Meath. Ads like this pop up every now and again, so it might be worth a look.

Oh ok thanks, I will do. Do you know would I get it in Easons? I thought last time I went there where a lot of magazines from the uk, might be wrong though.

Oh ok thanks, I will do. Do you know would I get it in Easons? I thought last time I went there where a lot of magazines from the uk, might be wrong though.

I'm not sure actually. My local spar gets it in each month so might be worth trying your nearest one first, or any largeish newsagents.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Not really sure what you are saying and wondering why you are asking so much for it.

Saw it in a Spanish site. I am not selling it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm not sure actually. My local spar gets it in each month so might be worth trying your nearest one first, or any largeish newsagents.

Most newsagents will order something in specially, if they know they have someone will buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

There was one sitting in a front garden on the Clonliffe Road for years. Don't know if it's still there.

The best thing to do is join the MM Owners Club. They'll have plenty of advice and you'll probably find members will know where to find a restorable car that wouldn't necessarily pop up on the net.

• Advertisement

gfwd wrote: »
    There was one sitting in a front garden on the Clonliffe Road for years. Don't know if it's still there.

The best thing to do is join the MM Owners Club. They'll have plenty of advice and you'll probably find members will know where to find a restorable car that wouldn't necessarily pop up on the net.

Yes, an original Dublin reg two door I believe. That isn't for sale sadly. Rotting away in the garden.

gfwd wrote: »

Ah seems like exactly what I was looking for a pitty there are cars like this doing nothing, when people could bring them back to life.

Advertisement