Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car sales websites ruined by POA & spamming businesses!!

Options
  • 25-01-2015 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey guys! Trying like mad to find a wee van for work. Nothing major, just a cheap commuter really & it can act as a second shed for the tools! The pickup isn't the best for that!

Anyhow does anybody else get angry while searching for used vehicles? I can't find anything on Done Deal so I thought I'd try BuyandSell or Carzone. Well my god!! 99.9% of ads on BuyandSell must be "All cars van jeep bought for cash" or "price negotiable". And there doesn't seem to be any way of filtering these results out while using a phone or tablet! And as for Carzone! 99.9999% of the ads on there are either POA or "last updated 75 days ago". And you can't filter out results on a tablet or phone because everything is done using sliders!!

Has DoneDeal really taken over to the extent that no other website (Gumtree is a waste of time) can compete & thus don't bother refusing these spam ads or changing their filter options?!

Sorry for the rant but it's so frustrating!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1. Use donedeal.
    2. Use filters for minimum price. This removes the POA, €1, €123 ads.

Happy hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BobC88

Yup that's what I'm doing bud. But when nothing can be found on Done Deal, and these filters don't work on other websites, then I turn green & smash things.

Ha! Ah no but it is very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Carzone has been rampant for the last 6 months or so with adverts from dealers up North advertising prices excluding VRT. It's still bloody hard to filter these annoying adverts out at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

bazz26 wrote: »
    Carzone has been rampant for the last 6 months or so with adverts from dealers up North advertising prices excluding VRT. It's still bloody hard to filter these annoying adverts out at times.

I find the updated carzone is far too cluttered anyway. No idea why they felt the need to ruin the perfectly good layout they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

You could also try adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I find the updated carzone is far too cluttered anyway. No idea why they felt the need to ruin the perfectly good layout they had.

+1 carzone is terrible now, it looks a bunch of trigger happy UI developers got their hands on it and went crazy. Usability has gone to the dogs :(

If you want to use the old carzone style search format then use driving.ie.

Would there really be m/any dealers or private sellers out there using Carzone or such instead of DoneDeal?

DoneDeal seems to be the primary site to go to? And other sites seem to be used in addition to DoneDeal?

It's cheap to advertise on carzone these days so it's used by alot more private sellers now also. Bigger dealers tend to use Carzone because of it's versatility regarding the updating of stock.

Donedeal is definitely the first i visit. Then adverts.ie and i dont even bother with other sites tbh. I like the filters on donedeal and its a bit more user friendly. Adverts is great too, but more cars there have no nct, or are already gone and have just never been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

run AD BLOCKER EDGE ive been using it for years blocks all ads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

goz83 wrote: »
    You could also try adverts.ie

LMAO
    If you are trying to swap for a half eaten bag of crisps then adverts is indeed the way to go!

Trying to sell a car on adverts.ie is a waste of time imo. People offering you half your asking price or looking to swap it for rubbish they are trying to get rid of, then get insulted when you don't accept their rubbish offers. It's the last place I'd advertise a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

LMAO
    If you are trying to swap for a half eaten bag of crisps then adverts is indeed the way to go!
    Or you can just ignore the swappers, that's what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Trying to sell a car on adverts.ie is a waste of time imo. People offering you half your asking price or looking to swap it for rubbish they are trying to get rid of, then get insulted when you don't accept their rubbish offers. It's the last place I'd advertise a car.

swop my add???

:pac:

LMAO

NO SWAPS written a few times fixes this.

Funny. Because I sold my car in 16 hours on adverts. Not the first time either. Yes, I got less than asking, but I expected less. €1000 ad, expected €800, sold for €700.
    biko wrote: »
    Or you can just ignore the swappers, that's what I do.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

use driving.ie its the old format carzone. much more simpler to use and filter and no silding bars crap.

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/

Advertisement