Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Vendor directly or wait for Estate Agent

Options
  • 25-01-2015 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'd appreciate any advice or thoughts on our situation please. We are renting and sold our house (completed) December 2014. We want to live around where we are living at the moment which is a rural village. When we went to view a property last weekend we were told by the estate agents that a house which went sale agreed last October was going to be coming back on the market. The house we saw that day was fine but not ideal for us. The other property, on paper, would be much better for us.

We called the agents on Monday to say we'd like to go and see the other house before we make definite decisions. They called back on Thursday to say the other house would be back on the market but they don't know when at the moment and the other sale had fallen through because the buyers had found a place they liked better. It's still Sale Agreed on daft.

Given that this is a rural community, my friend used to look after the current owner's daughter's horse (one of those kinds of places). He doesn't know us at all. Of course I don't know what the real score is.

So, the question is... Do you think I should suck it up and have some patience, or write a letter explaining to the owner and put it in his letterbox to see what the score is? I'm concerned about being used to gazump a sale, or as leverage by the EA in some way if we just wait and see.

Advertisement