Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keto and weights 2nd time round

Options
  • 24-01-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi guys and girls,

I'm dave 5 ft 8 87.5kgs

So I've started on the ketosis diet on Tuesday this week and and a member of northwood gym.

This is my second move to this diet as it worked great for me last time.

In jan 2013 I weighed 94kgs and was 38 inch waist and don't really know my other measurements but imagine typical pudding head lad who loves his pints.

I started eating zero to low carbs 7 days a week and hitting the gym 5-6 times.

Food wise it was salads with meat, homemade coleslaw (white cabbage carrot celery salt pepper nutmeg full fat mayo) chilli, tuna and I cycled coffee with green tea.

Real boring diet and no cheat days at the start.

Gym wise I was hitting weights, grouping muscles (a sin to most of you aficionados but it worked for me) chest+triceps back+biceps shoulders legs (I usually skipped leg day.....)

I didn't do to many compound lifts because I was self thought so it was dumbells all the way I focused on form over weight at the start because I did NOT want to be one of those eegits swinging dumbells around the gym in his wife beater using his lower back to curl stupid weights.

I did

warm up

push ups followed by rower (5mins)

chest
    flat then incline bench
    flies

triceps
    skull crushers
    extentions
    cables
    dips

back
    lat pull down
    bent over rows
    side rows
    shrugs

biceps
    curls
    EZ bar 7s

shoulders
    dumbell press
    front/side raises
    clean jerk

ect ect

I managed to get down to about 85kgs easy as anything.

Was losing about a kilo a week, then half a kilo then slightly less, so I implemented a cheat day mixed it up and started losing again.

managed to get down to 73kgs at my lightest, then I wanted to focus in strength and went up to 78kgs with bcaa creatine and much heavier weights.

I maintained this for a while.

then I changed work and went back to college.

no microwave no fridge and 9 hour days Monday to Friday.

my eating fell off and I wasn't going to the gym anymore and that stayed that way until this week when I weighed up and was 87.5kgs again from nothing but take away and beer for over a year.

I'm back on it now cutting alcohol except gin and slim line tonic or Bulmer light and back in the gym.

but I'm going back to college and food prep is very hard all day in class then study after trying to maintain keto, meals, snacks ect.

Anyone on here experienced this and have any tips for how to keep on top of it and stay motivated?

Advertisement