Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo studio in Dublin that doesnt need a parents signature?

Options
  • 24-01-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is there a good tattoo studio in dublin that doesnt need a parents signature for a 17 year old?
    I have my parents full permission but the wont be in dublin anytime in the foreseeable future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No there is not, any reputable studio will not tattoo anyone under 18 years of age.
    And you REALLY do not want to be tattooed by anywhere that would be willing to bend that rule, because if they're lax in that, they're more likely to be lax in other important areas also.
    The best advice is to simply wait until you can go somewhere reputable that has an artist that will do justice to any ideas that you may have, and use the time until then to plan what you want, who you want to do it, and to save up for it, so that you will end up with a great tattoo that you're less likely to regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So your parents are consenting but you still want to find a place that won't require their signature? That doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niac56

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So your parents are consenting but you still want to find a place that won't require their signature? That doesn't make any sense.

yes i assumed there would be a question like that , there's no way for me to prove to you that i have my parents consent otherwise would have tried that with one of the tattoo studios.
    There are tattoo studios around us here in mayo but the furthest i get is ballina and then the odd trip to dublin to check out a college.
    Frankly the tattoo studios in ballina are either starting to get bad reviews or are very new and dont have a good rep yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

niac56 wrote: »
    Frankly the tattoo studios in ballina are either starting to get bad reviews or are very new and dont have a good rep yet.

Well I'd think that's a good indicator not to go to those studios. You're 17, it's only a few months to wait and then you'll have access to whichever artist you want. Take this time to research and save. You could also save up a bit extra for a trip to Dublin if you want to go to an artist here.

If I remember right Atavan, weren't you 17 when you started posting here too? Perfect example, as you waited, and got good artists!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

16 or 17 I think! But yeah, my mam gave me the ok too but obviously nowhere would tattoo me. Glad I did wait as some of the stuff I'd have on me if I did get tattooed at 16...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Are there any tattoo parlours in Dublin that do accept a parent's signature?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

niac56 wrote: »
    yes i assumed there would be a question like that , there's no way for me to prove to you that i have my parents consent otherwise would have tried that with one of the tattoo studios.
    There are tattoo studios around us here in mayo but the furthest i get is ballina and then the odd trip to dublin to check out a college.

Ah I get ya. I would have thought that you'd perhaps bring a parent with you to prove it and that's why I thought it was weird that you wouldn't!

leander0 wrote: »
    Don't get a tattoo at 17, what you think is cool now you won't when you are 27!

but eyeballs? Go for it!:rolleyes:

buzz killington has arrived to tell us a story about a bridge

I'd say you know all about bridges.

• Advertisement

actually makes no sense!

The stalkings a bit weird, you need to work on your flirting skills.

some one who says of eyeball tattoos "hey, itll look good untill they go blind", is probably going to struggle to make sense of lots of things.

the dutch are great craic

That's twice now that your best response is to make fun of someones nationality. A)Dick move and B)you missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I'd just wait op, if its that important you won't mind waiting another year.

well its true! lets take everything literally it will be lots of fun!

Cycling around with no helmet or lights on your bike is risky too! Theres another crusade for you!

so take it to the Cycling Forum

I bet you smell like cheese!

what happened to not offending anyone?

Leander0 banned for trolling, and the rest of you should know better than to feed the trolls!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

maybe he really likes how cheese smells but is socially retarded and was giving bodice a compliment!!

Advertisement