Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ballybeg fires any info and pics

Options
  • 24-01-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just heard of two big fires in ballybeg last night gaa club house and youth project gutted any info and pics on this terrible attack on the community

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I saw this headline on the http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-club-defiant-after-clubhouse-is-gutted-during-a-series-of-arson-attacks-30933782.html this morning. I assumed it was somewhere in the North of Ireland but in our own county! What a shower of bast ards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

The news and star have 3 pictures on the facebook page scumbags whoever they are

https://www.facebook.com/WaterfordNewsandStar

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

The scumbags burned down saviours boxing club last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Boxing club
    Kilbarry sports center
    House in ardmore park
    Car on johns hill

Place needs snipers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Boxing club
    Kilbarry sports center
    House in ardmore park
    Car on johns hill

Place needs snipers

And it won't stop there!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gotsmoke

sarah88 wrote: »
    And it won't stop there!

Is the boxing club really burned out can't see anything on wlrfm about it if it is that's a f disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

gotsmoke wrote: »
    Is the boxing club really burned out can't see anything on wlrfm about it if it is that's a f disgrace

Fair bit of damage according to Damien Tiernan on twitter and the News & Star facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Taken from WLR Website:

Another Waterford club has been hit by an arson attack in Ballybeg.Gardai were on patrol in the Ardmore Park Area at 3.10am this morning when they heard an alarm.They saw smoke coming from the St. Saviours Boxing Club and called the Waterford City Fire Service.The fire which is being treated as suspicious by gardai did not get a chance to take hold however a lot of smoke damage was caused to the premises.It was a busy evening and night for Gardai and fire services in Waterford. At 6pm yesterday evening four units of the Waterford City Fire Service attendned a fire at 99, Ardmore Park, Ballybeg, Waterford.Significant damage was caused. This was the second time in over a week this house has been set on fire . Nobody was in the house at the time. Fire was extinguished and scene examined. Last night between 10.30 and 11.30pm Gardai received a report of an alarm activation at The Kilbarry Sports Centre. Gardai were in the vicinity and went immediately to scene. The Exit doors had been prised open, internal doors and the office was damaged, and CCTV cameras ripped off the walls. At 5.20am this morning a vehicle parked in a driveway at Johns Hill in Waterford City was gutted by fire. Gardai discovered that the lock in the front door had been glued.Between midnight and 1am this morning a consaw was taken from a vehicle parked in Ballybeg Square.Any information to the Gardai in Waterford on 051-305300.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Forgive my naivety but whats it all about?
    Is it just thugs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Forgive my naivety but whats it all about?
    Is it just thugs?

I think there may be someone with a big problem. A car belonging to someone I know was burnt out on John's Hill at about 5 AM this morning. I have heard (unconfirmed) reports this wasn't the only fire last night.

Edit: just seen Crazyman's post. Crazyman? How strangely appropriate. Is it you????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I think there may be someone with a big problem. A car belonging to someone I know was burnt out on John's Hill at about 5 AM this morning. I have heard (unconfirmed) reports this wasn't the only fire last night.

Edit: just seen Crazyman's post. Crazyman? How strangely appropriate. Is it you????

They put "Glue" in the Lock so the owner could not open the door of the car????

That sounds very premeditated and points to someone having a grudge or wanting revenge etc.

Deise Vu wrote: »

Purely coincidental - different type of crazy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

reni10 wrote: »
    They put "Glue" in the Lock so the owner could not open the door of the car????

That sounds very premeditated and points to someone having a grudge or wanting revenge etc.

The car belonged to a widow who must be in her late 70's or early 80's I'd say. it's more likely a pyromaniac / common or garden psycho with a serious anti-social streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheSelf

These acts of vandalism are attacks on the entire community. People need to stand up to these scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I read in one of the Sunday newspapers that no charges are to be brought against the man questioned about the petrol bombing of a house in Ballybeg last October.

Who knows what the hell they will try do tonight out there considering what's goin on some1 will try blow up the new grave yard or something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

What is going on out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Time for a protest?? After all, we love to protest against roma and water meters, why not against the real scum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Time for a protest?? After all, we love to protest against roma and water meters, why not against the real scum?

How can we protest against the little tramps when we don't even know who they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

How can we protest against the little tramps when we don't even know who they are?

The cops know who they are for sure. Legal system leaving us down unfortunately. Three strikes and your out like the states is only way to get scumbags off the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The cops know who they are for sure. Legal system leaving us down unfortunately.

Sure, that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I read in one of the Sunday newspapers that no charges are to be brought against the man questioned about the petrol bombing of a house in Ballybeg last October.

Apparently, there is a video (CCTV) which shows that he was somewhere else at the time of the attack. Just going on word of mouth there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ok so, which house are they all living in? Where should we meet?

25 yr old man & a juvenile arrested according to Damien Tiernan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

is it true as rumoured that gairds are patrolling area....so as to escape possible embarrassment of new fire station getting burnt

*heard at work

is it true as rumoured that gairds are patrolling area....so as to escape possible embarrassment of new fire station getting burnt

*heard at work

Imagine that happened be all over sky news

Just seen damage to the club looks bad hopefully they can get it back to its best again

Oh stop trolling. No one knows at the moment who is behind all this so who are we supposed to protest against?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Was in the IT in this area back in 2009 to 2013 and heard reports of different feuds between gangs around this area. Heard from a friend down there about these recent events. Seems that the youth project, GAA club and boxing club speak out against drugs and criminality encouraging the youth of the area to not follow this lifestyle. Then, the drug dealers do these ISIS-inspired acts to get revenge and silence outspoken critics of criminality. A local councillor who is famous for speaking out against drug crime in the area had his car burned last year too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement