Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free phone on Meteor SIM ONLY Plan

Options
  • 24-01-2015 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Great deal going on in Meteor Wicklow:

Sign up to a Meteor €30 or €35 sim only 30 day contract and get a phone absolutely free .

The phones are the nokia 530 or hawueii y550 which is 4g enabled.

€30 gets you unlimited calls, texts and 1gb data whereas the €35 gives 15gb data

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Hmmm.. I know you say 30 day contract, but are you sure you don't need to stay longer?

The Nokia 530 is worth €80 (unlocked on amazon). So you could get this, then cancel after one month and switch to Tesco Mobile (unlimited calls, texts and 1GB of data for €15)

Basically you have paid €15 for this phone then!

Anything wrong with that logic?

I assume the phone is locked to Meteor. I wonder how difficult it would be to get it unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

bk wrote: »
    Hmmm.. I know you say 30 day contract, but are you sure you don't need to stay longer?

The Nokia 530 is worth €80 (unlocked on amazon). So you could get this, then cancel after one month and switch to Tesco Mobile (unlimited calls, texts and 1GB of data for €15)

Basically you have paid €15 for this phone then!

Anything wrong with that logic?

I assume the phone is locked to Meteor. I wonder how difficult it would be to get it unlocked?

You will have to have bought at least 120 EUR credit to have a phone unlocked on prepay and 200 EUR paid on a bill pay plan.

Strange one this, i dont see any benifit of given away a phone with a sim only plan, thats the point of the plan its jsut for the sim.

Perhaps its the point of having to pay 200 in bills to have it unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Get an unlock code from ebay for around €10 .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

It's definitely only a 30 day contract, you can do what you want with the phone, use it yourself, give it to someone as a gift, its just an in store offer until the month ends. The day you call up to cancel, its 30 days from that day to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

yabadabado wrote: »
    Get an unlock code from ebay for around €10 .
    Link?

• Advertisement

bidiots wrote: »
    Link?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321479916489

edit: Just saw the seller isnt taking orders at the moment,there was feedback left for him yesterday so I would say he will be online again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

is this all Meteors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

is this all Meteors?

I'd like to know this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

yabadabado wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321479916489

edit: Just saw the seller isnt taking orders at the moment,there was feedback left for him yesterday so I would say he will be online again soon.

I thought you meant a 10 euro unlock for the Lumia, which I've never seen
    That's £10 which is almost €14 at this stage

bidiots wrote: »
    I thought you meant a 10 euro unlock for the Lumia, which I've never seen
    That's £10 which is almost €14 at this stage

There are plenty cheaper options than that seller,anyone with good feedback should be OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

dwainec wrote: »
    It's definitely only a 30 day contract, you can do what you want with the phone, use it yourself, give it to someone as a gift, its just an in store offer until the month ends. The day you call up to cancel, its 30 days from that day to cancel

meaning u need to pay for at least 2 months, isn't it ?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

What's stopping you buying it, cancelling the next day (month's notice), getting it unlocked, walking away from Meteor and signing up to Tesco?
    Seems a good deal but I assume you have to sign up for a minimum period?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Johny_cash wrote: »
    is this wicklow only, or online/other stores too?

also wondering this!
    is it mentioned on their website anywhere?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Couldn't find it anywhere on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Dropped into Liffey Valley Meteor shop today, the assistant didn't know what I was talking about! Moreover, he tried to sell me an iPhone instead.

I'd say the deal is specific to the shop mentioned by the OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Any update on this?

sasta le wrote: »
    Any update on this?

still available until end of month, with either the meteor 30 or 35 euro sim only plan.

Any link to it?Or just in stores?

only in store, well the store mentioned in original post anyway

this offer is still on for the month of february, but now its the nokia 530 and hauweii y330, still not bad for a 30 day contract, and they're not bad deals either, calls texts and 15gb of 4g data for 35 euro is decent

• Advertisement

In one store only?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I'd be interested to know if it's available in all store too, any information appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

saw this offer in the window of meteor Patrick street cork city earlier today

Advertisement