Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z3, S5 or M8

Options
  • 23-01-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Due an upgrade on work phone and likely getting one of the following:
    Sony Xperia Z3
    Samsung galaxy S5
    HTC one M8

Currently have xperia z, have had Samsung s2 and HTC desire and wife has HTC one M8.

What are people's opinions on best to get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Id hold off a few weeks, All three phones are due to be renewed in the next few weeks. Might be worth waiting and getting the latest model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Was just gonna say to hold off for a few weeks. New Samsung's shouldn't be too long coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Id hold off a few weeks, All three phones are due to be renewed in the next few weeks. Might be worth waiting and getting the latest model.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of waiting it out as once the boss is done dealing it'll happen so possibly next week. Plus the newer phones will cost more if even available. There are 10 phones on the contract too.

Same happened last time when I Went for the the xperia z, s4 and HTC one weren't out till a few weeks later.

Leaning towards the S5 as I want a change from xperia and wife has HTC one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The S5 is a disappointing device, completely over-hyped. I'd go with either the Z3 or M8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

M8 out of those three.

M9 will be released at beginning of March

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Dont know if the Note 4 is an option but it's worth considering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

If I was pushed to choose right now between those 3, I'd go with M8. My personal taste in screen size makes the other 2 less attractive. They've all got strengths and weaknesses and I doubt you'd be disappointed with any of them. Check out Touchwiz carefully before you commit to the Samsung, though, it's not one of the better android skins. HTC and Sony take a better approach to tarting up android IMO.

nicebutdim wrote: »
    Dont know if the Note 4 is an option but it's worth considering

Ok,

So I've now seen the note 4 and it definitely is an option, the only issue is it'll cost me €200 whereas the S5 is €100.

Is it worth going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Due an upgrade on work phone and likely getting one of the following:
    Sony Xperia Z3
    Samsung galaxy S5
    HTC one M8

Currently have xperia z, have had Samsung s2 and HTC desire and wife has HTC one M8.

What are people's opinions on best to get?

What did you choose after. I'm due an upgrade now. I could get the Z3 for small money but the Note 4 is around the €200 on upgrade. My heart says Note 4 my pocket says Z3.

• Advertisement

Went for the S5 as I wanted a change from Sony and the Note 4 was €200. Got the s5 for free.

Advertisement