Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Ultrasonic Cleaner?

Options
  • 23-01-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

€25 this Sunday

[IMG][/img]Lqo1srA.png

"Discover a new level of cleaning with the power of sound waves. Ideal for jewellery, watches or DVDs.

600ml stainless steel tank
    Digital timer
    On/off switch
    Includes Watch Holder, Basket and CD/DVD Holder
    23 x 17 x 14cm

Well, would you put your watch in it? Has anybody got one? Do they work?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

NO way personally would I put a whole watch in. Slightest issue with the seals and game over. :s Handy for cleaning bracelets and watch cases with the internals removed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Precisely what I thought, grand for bracelets, component parts etc but to put a whole automatic into one would be madness.

Still want one though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Precisely what I thought, grand for bracelets, component parts etc but to put a whole automatic into one would be madness.

Still want one though ;)

I got one of these from aldi a few years ago. Great for stripped down components....and for jewelry that Herself wants cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Very misleading. There is no way I would recommend any one to put a watch in this. As mentioned bracelet and jewellery yes. Full watch, NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I asked a jeweller once what was the best way to clean an old stainless steel watch. They told me baby wipes.

I tried it on one that was never cleaned in over a decade. Baby wipes cleaned it with ease.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Baby wipes are one of the best cleaning solutions out there and the beauty is they leave little or no residue. Plus if it's safe enough for a baby's bum you know it's been well tested.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Wibbs wrote: »
    Baby wipes are one of the best cleaning solutions out there and the beauty is they leave little or no residue. Plus if it's safe enough for a baby's bum you know it's been well tested.

Haha. Yes.

I always say. If it's safe to wipe a baby, it should be safe for anything.

Except leather couches for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Now, if there were ultrasonic baby wipes!

Advertisement