Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Deposit

Options
  • 23-01-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi quick question reference a deposit for a house, banks want to see continuos saving,
    Would investing in prize bonds, if you could show weekly purchases, the same as weekly saving count towards a deposit? I.e. Would the bank consider it saving for the purposes of a mortgage application?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

hurlsey wrote: »
    Hi quick question reference a deposit for a house, banks want to see continuos saving,
    Would investing in prize bonds, if you could show weekly purchases, the same as weekly saving count towards a deposit? I.e. Would the bank consider it saving for the purposes of a mortgage application?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

killers1 wrote: »
    Yes.

Thank you, I did google it but it turned very little up!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Remember you must hold bonds for a certain period before taking them out, if this is current purchases.

Advertisement