Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Keypad tone

Options
  • 23-01-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello all,
    I have a HKC 10/70 alarm in house. On the part set B setting I just have the shell protection armed for night time. I have a keypad in the main room with the audio alarm sounder downstairs and the outside bell box at the other end of the house. If the alarm was to activate at night I might not hear it. I was just wondering is there any way to activate the keypad to sound should the alarm activate on part set A or B.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366 would be a more appropriate forum

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from Information Security.

Do you have engineer access to this system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Can you just add a second internal sounder upstairs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 doniebrien

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Can you just add a second internal sounder upstairs ?
    No not possible to add 2nd sounder as running additional cable have no access.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 doniebrien

KoolKid wrote: »
    Moved from Information Security.

Do you have engineer access to this system?

Yes I have access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

doniebrien wrote: »
    No not possible to add 2nd sounder as running additional cable have no access.

HKC have wireless internal sounders for your system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes I have access

Then Freds idea would be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello all,
    I have a HKC 10/70 alarm in house. On the part set B setting I just have the shell protection armed for night time. I have a keypad in the main room with the audio alarm sounder downstairs and the outside bell box at the other end of the house. If the alarm was to activate at night I might not hear it. I was just wondering is there any way to activate the keypad to sound should the alarm activate on part set A or B.
    Thanks in advance

If you have spare cores on the keypad cable you could also wire in a sounder or buzzer so you hear it when the alarm activates.

Advertisement