Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Don't hate the player, hate the game", Britain's most hated woman

Options
  • 23-01-2015 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30928875

Interesting interview by the BBC with the 'lass who leached the NHS for a boob job'. She has embraced the lifestyle of a Daily Mail, headline-hogging wench and twitter shock jock for the sake of a few quid.

Basically, to paraphrase her, there is money to be made in this and I am providing for my two kids.

While I am usually one to go "I don't want to live on this planet anymore", this lady is hard to hate. Her heart appears to be in the right place. But is she correct in stating that one should not hate the player but instead hate the game?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

If she can make a clean breast of it, good luck to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30928875

Interesting interview by the BBC with the 'lass who leached the NHS for a boob job'. She has embraced the lifestyle of a Daily Mail, headline-hogging wench and twitter shock jock for the sake of a few quid.

Basically, to paraphrase her, there is money to be made in this and I am providing for my two kids.

While I am usually one to go "I don't want to live on this planet anymore", this lady is hard to hate. Her heart appears to be in the right place. But is she correct in stating that one should not hate the player but instead hate the game?

In all fairness if someone who you never met/ will ever interact with and who isn't doing any real harm....if you find yourself hating them....its time to sit down and have a look in the mirror and find something for yourself to do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

In all fairness if someone who you never met/ will ever interact with and who isn't doing any real harm....if you find yourself hating them....its time to sit down and have a look in the mirror and find something for yourself to do!!

But certain rag tabloid newspapers and female magazines make their living from focusing on the reasons to hate 'celebrities'.

"Stop the press! Cellulite ahoy!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

But certain rag tabloid newspapers and female magazines make their living from focusing on the reasons to hate 'celebrities'.

"Stop the press! Cellulite ahoy!".

I've never understood this phenomenon atal...or that arseing around after royal family....stories about nothing essentially

*i may be incredibly boring though

I've never understood this phenomenon atal...or that arseing around after royal family....stories about nothing essentially

*i may be incredibly boring though

I followed through on your initial point but your response links back to my OP! It be the game, but comment on the game . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

I have no idea who this person is and I doubt knowing will have any positive effect on my life.

For that reason, I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Totally expected this to be about Katie Hopkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

I watched this and everything shes being doing is all just to get press and for people to hate someone by what they read in the paper just wants to take a look at themselves, I do think her hearts in the right place in the home interview shes seems a good mum, have to admit as a mother when she got emotional over her boys and little girl it got me a little.

Links234 wrote: »

Ha so did I when I saw the BBC headline!

Then I was like 'who?' But then I was like 'meh'!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Links234 wrote: »
    Hah, so did I!

• Advertisement
Advertisement