Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitzpinkler or Stehenpinkler?

Options
  • 22-01-2015 9:27pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30937492
    A court in Germany has ruled in favour of a man's right to urinate while standing up after his landlord demanded money for damage to the bathroom floor.
    The landlord, who was seeking €1,900 (£1400; $2,200), claimed the marble floor had been damaged by urine.
    But the Duesseldorf judge ruled that the man's method was within cultural norms, saying "urinating standing up is still common practice".
    There is some debate in Germany about whether men should sit or stand to pee.
    Some toilets have red traffic-style signs forbidding the standing position - but those who choose to sit are often referred to as a "Sitzpinkler", implying it is not masculine behaviour.
    Come on men stand up for your rights!

Sit or stand! 38 votes

Sit!
    0% 0 votes
    Stand
    5% 2 votes
    I'm female so it doesn't count
    71% 27 votes
    all over the palce
    23% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Damn feminists at it again!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Obviously didn't adhere to the "if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweet and wipe the seat" rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

The real trick is to be able to take a dump whilst standing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I know a guy who sits to pee.....its just.........weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'd be pissed if I were that landlord :p

In fairness, piss standing up if you want but at least piss in the toilet, dirty animal.

Can piss really damage marble anyways?

I've been pissing on my marble counters for years and they look fine!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So a metamorphous rock, millennia in the making and hard as a very hard thing, can get damaged by a few spots of wee? Bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Come on men stand up for your rights!
    Surely damaging the floor is a separate issue from standing to urinate?

Couldn't he stand and not get his piss all over the floor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Diarrhoeapoopenspritzen.

• Advertisement

Depends on the marble though, the natural stuff is porous while other marble is coated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

catallus wrote: »
    Can piss really damage marble anyways?

I've been pissing on my marble counters for years and they look fine!

Splash damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Well if the landlord was stupid enough to put marble in the loo that would be damaged by piss, then I think it's his problem. I'm sure if he asked the tiler's advice he'd have been told to use something else. All males (surely) piss standing up, goes to reason some of it will hit the floor.

Depends on the marble though, the natural stuff is porous while other marble is coated.
    Uric acid can eat marble, a bit like Cillit Bang!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Surely damaging the floor is a separate issue from standing to urinate?

Couldn't he stand and not get his piss all over the floor?

the age old question. Sister question to "what does a woman want?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Occasionally I will sit down to take a slash. As a treat like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

I think in one of the Grand Theft Auto games, a character issues a threat to the player. Something along the lines of: "Screw this up, and you'll have to sit down to take a piss for the rest of your life!"

Always thought it was a very intimidating threat.

To answer the poll, I piss standing up. And I can also piss without getting my piss all over the place. What do I win? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If ones masculinity is measured by whether or not they sit down to piss, then it just goes to show how pathetic and hilarious the term 'masculine' has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

I stand, most of the time anyways.

However if I need to poop & pee, then I might do both sitting down. Sometimes I don't realise i need to pee as well until I'm already pooping and sure I might as well stay where I am..

Don't they still have urinals in Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

All I'm seeing there is the word sphincter. Only reason I came into this thread.

• Advertisement

Sphincter? In Egypt?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

So there's a debate ongoing over there on this issue?:confused: Jesus Christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Stand on my dick while I sit on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jinonatron

When I first came to Germany I used to stand and piss. Now I sit and piss. I had some arguments with flat mates about accidentally hitting the seat and eventually they convinced me to sit. So I sit
    and piss now. Basically the done thing in Germany.

It is quite simple. If you piss on the seat and wipe it with tissue you are not really fully cleaning the seat. You are still spreading around tiny pee particles.

If ones masculinity is measured by whether or not they sit down to piss, then it just goes to show how pathetic and hilarious the term 'masculine' has become.

Ha ha, you sit down to pee, you sit down to pee.

Advertisement