Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thugs Rejoice, there ain't no justice here!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

One of the boys has also written a letter of apology and the second boy has agreed told the do the same

Point of order, requesting clarification, m'lud...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Please don't copy and paste the full article.

Do you have an opinion, OP? Could you post it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Sounds good to me.

At that age they'd just be corrupted and led astray by older criminals, and/or hardened by getting into scrapes and such. It wouldn't do society any good to turn these lads into serious criminals at an age where they can be easily influenced.
    Why not show them the benefits of doing good and give them a chance to become decent people?

Sorry, I meant to say lock 'em up, castrate their parents so they don't spawn any more feral vermin, and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Judge O'Connor has also told the pair they faced a very serious charge and the court has a large range of options, including numerous community sanctions, “right up to custody”, but he has also said , “it does not look like it will be necessary to do that”.

Wtf does it look like so? Disappointed they didn't choose something with a bit more conviction. 6 months good behavior and a written apology, it's almost laughable.

If Ireland has one thing going for it, it's that there'll never be a scandal over a judgement that's too severe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

I wonder if the probation officer had been the victim would he have been happy at the outcome?
    Hopefully the DPP will appeal-if not is it possible for a third party to appeal against the leniency of this sentence? I'd ceratinly be willing to do it.
    What sort of goddamned message does this send out? This is gratuituous. criminal behaviour which merits a couple of years in detention and a criminal record.
    Shame on the probation officer, and greater shame on the judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Literally a thread on this just yesterday http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057365773

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Lucyfur wrote: »
    MOD

Please don't copy and paste the full article.

Do you have an opinion, OP? Could you post it please?

To clarify my point of view I feel that there was very little justice for that young man who was set upon by these two. He was kicked in the face while he was down and then kicked again. This video has gone viral and the courts verdict only serves as a indication to others who might be inclined to do the same that the sentence they should expect to receive shall be likely non custodial but not only that they will not even receive a criminal record.

Be it an example case or not, this clear assault has video proof, I wonder would the judges opinion have changed much if it was him getting kicked in the face on the ground regards a custodial sentence.

if this video had not gone viral it would seem very unlikely that the sort of people who repeatedly kick somebody in the middle of the street in a very busy street would turn themselves into the authorities.

I feel the message this gives any potential would be attackers is that if they do something like that its unlikely they will be punished.

The message I feel this gives your average person walking around the streets in this country is our streets aren't safe and we really are not doing very much about it!

Advertisement