Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I change from Physics to Economics

Options
  • 22-01-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi There,

I'm in 4th Year (In my school we pretty much start the Leaving cert 5th year in TY)

and I've chosen physics as one of my subjects, I'm finding it very dull & boring and just quite frankly am not bothered, On top of this my Teacher is also dull & boring despite being a nice guy.

I'm considering moving To Economics, Its pretty much my only other option, I have an interest in it, But from what I remember Junior Cert Economics Chapter in Business was pretty dull and based on too many formulas.

I'm more interested in a career in business so maybe economics is a good mood,

Only problem is Physics is my only science subject...

Advice?

Is Economics relatively easy to get an A in? Or Impossible? Is it worth the switch or should I struggle on with Physics, How do I even know I'll enjoy Economics when I start it?

Kind Regards,

Jack Leonard
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

My economics teacher said 2.1% get A1's..
    There are formulas and you have to get the definitions exact or you don't get the marks

Edit: With physics about 8% achieve A1's

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jldesign

My economics teacher said 2.1% get A1's..
    There are formulas and you have to get the definitions exact or you don't get the marks

Edit: With physics about 8% achieve A1's

Hmmm, Maybe thats a problem, I don't need very high points (I'm looking for around 480+)

I should be alright learning a good few formulas, but if the course is filled with them that could be troublesome, Definitions are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

jldesign wrote: »
    Hmmm, Maybe thats a problem, I don't need very high points (I'm looking for around 480+)

I should be alright learning a good few formulas, but if the course is filled with them that could be troublesome, Definitions are fine.

The formulas are in the log tables :)

Advertisement