Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cathal Brugha RDF nights

Options
  • 22-01-2015 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Can I ask anyone at CBB (RDF) what nights they have weekly parade on? Is there a choice or is it always 'day x' for RDF personnel?

Trying to choose a particular night to do something else over the next few months so I don't want to set things up to clash. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

depending on the unit you will be told to always be in the barracks on the same night each week at a certain time, usually for a 2 hr training period per week.

what unit you are considering - will dictate which night.
    as far as im aware theres at least
    an infantry company
    a Cav squadron
    a NSR unit
    that train there at a minimum
    all most likely train on a wed or thursday night, a specific night for each unit

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Morpheus wrote: »
    depending on the unit you will be told to always be in the barracks on the same night each week at a certain time, usually for a 2 hr training period per week.

what unit you are considering - will dictate which night.
    as far as im aware theres at least
    an infantry company
    a Cav squadron
    a NSR unit
    that train there at a minimum
    all most likely train on a wed or thursday night, a specific night for each unit

Would you happen to know which night Cavalry train on - this is the corps I intend to apply for?

Also, this other thing I'm planning (it's a class I'll be teaching in Dublin) is only over the next few months (until late April). As I'm only getting into the RDF at the moment (medical on Feb 10th), would I be training on cav personnel's night or some other night for recruits?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

as far as i know all recruits will be trained as infantry initially up to at least 2 star, centrally and one would assume on the same night. then you will be sent to your chosen corps. so for at least a year you will not be training directly with Cav. again that is my understanding open to correction of course as im not directly involved with training recruits yet.

Advertisement