Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living Social or Groupon

Options
  • 22-01-2015 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Which is better..or are they both much the same?

TBH, I've gotten a few bits and bobs off Groupon, and have never had any issues.
    Is Living Social much the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Neither. Both are just as bad as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I THINK Groupon take a smaller overall cut, so better for the vendor, but otherwise pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

TheChizler wrote: »
    I THINK Groupon take a smaller overall cut, so better for the vendor, but otherwise pretty much the same.

No its the other way around. Commission is negotiated, but in my experience, living social take less commission.

Plus, most merchants get paid for ALL vouchers with living social, where groupon vouchers must be redeemed by the merchant. Groupon seem to sell a little more than living social. Customer care would be equal on both sides and would depend on who you get. Often, when there are problems, it is the merchant, but it can be groupon/ LS, or the customer. Like with anything, read the fine print before you buy and use your voucher on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 P.Murray

<SNIP> You already have a thread open on this in Online Buying. Please stick to that thread.

dudara

Advertisement