Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience using Backpackertravelinsurance.ie from the States

Options
  • 21-01-2015 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Have any of you got experience of using Backpackertravelinsurance.ie for a J1 in the States?

I'm on a graduate visa here and recently had to spend a few nights in hospital with an ankle infection.

I'm trying to get in touch with Backpackertravelinsurance.ie, whom I have standard travel insurance with, but I'm yet to receive an email back and I can't ring their number (0818 28 64 55) from my American cell phone.

If anyone has any advice, whether it be how to ring an 0818 number from the US, knows if my hospital bills will be covered by this company, or has had to claim from them before - it would be much appreciated.

I'm in a bit of a pickle and starting to panic.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

You can dial 011353 (drop the first 0 and then dial the rest of the number).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

OSG are the underwriters for claims and their number is :

+353 1 261 1540 or email travel@osg.ie

Advertisement