Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends 18th

Options
  • 21-01-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have an 18th coming up soon and this will be my first time going out with friends. I'm in fifth year and I know there'll be a load of young ones going, some younger than me. Normally people get in if they go at about 8:30 but my brother is sure I'll need ID, or maybe he's saying it because he doesn't want me to go. But I look very young so I'm worried I won't get in and I don't have ID. I really don't want to end up standing outside all night. Any tips or suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Get a warm jacket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Ask her to hold off on the party till your of age?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Kelly98xo wrote: »
    I have an 18th coming up soon and this will be my first time going out with friends. I'm in fifth year and I know there'll be a load of young ones going, some younger than me. Normally people get in if they go at about 8:30 but my brother is sure I'll need ID, or maybe he's saying it because he doesn't want me to go. But I look very young so I'm worried I won't get in and I don't have ID. I really don't want to end up standing outside all night. Any tips or suggestions?

How old are you actually, Hun? Xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sure you shouldn't be going into clubs at your age anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

1998 is 17 years ago:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

fake beard, glasses, hat. Be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

In all seriousness, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

If the 18th is on in a pub, chances are, the bartenders/bouncers will know that there are plenty of underage. Maybe they'll turn a blind eye; but more than likely, they won't.

You won't be the only one not getting in. Do you look anything like your brother? You could use his ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

You go in looking confident and you might not be asked. It all depends on where they're going. If it's a place where you're commonly asked for ID then you'll be asked for ID. If not then you won't be. If you want to go down early that would help. But at the end of the day nobody is going to be able to guarantee if you'll be asked or won't be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

If you scurry up with a gang of friends looking as gulity as be damned then you haven't a hope. The key to never being stopped is to look like you know exactly where you are going and you've been there a hundred times before. Ooze confidence and if you do get stopped, head to the chipper, have a big salty bag of chips, maybe a greasy snog and bit of craic with the other 10 people that probably won't get in either!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Asking advice on how to break the law is a no-no on boards

/mod

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement