Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasys GSA restraints

Options
  • 21-01-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey,

I can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere.

I have a solar mounting frame which I want to sit on the ground on feet, the frame is held down via a ground anchor.

The issue i'm having is restraining the feet, i want them to be resisted by the ground but i want them to be able to deflect upwards. At the moment i can only restrain the entire z direction which does not allow it to deflect upwards when the negative wind pressure affects the frame.

Is there any way around this?

Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Sorry not familiar with the software but wouldn't the ground anchors prevent it from deflecting upwards? (i.e. that's the whole point?!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 richyrich100

Hi, The ground anchors are placed in the middle of a horizontal brace with the two legs either side, I would like to see the stresses in that horizontal brace when the table is being uplifted by the wind.

Advertisement