Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVO 2015 Discussion Thread

Options
  • 21-01-2015 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Its being announce soon.

Predictos:

USFIV
    UMVC3
    MKX
    GG XRD
    KI
    Smash 4
    KoF XIII

Tekken 7 exhibition Maybe bumped to real tourney
    SF V Invitational or some such

No Persona,
    No Mêlée,
    No Uniel etc
    No DOA

Announcements: VF 6.

"One more thing" Urine, Alex or Oro reveal for SFV.

Tell my why I'm wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Announcements of announcements; actual reveals at Comic Con/PAX because Evo is less relevant than we want to believe.
    Alex & Karin for SFV.

Warner Bros to buy their way into an 8th slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

9 games officially announced:

evo-2015-lineup.png?resize=622%2C348

Oh my god no Skullgirls. Both of us players feel so jilted.

Tekken 7 will have cabinets available at the venue to play on Friday, then the actual tournament the next day.

It's got a maybe launch date of March in JP arcades. Kinda neat that it's having a presence at all, but a main game? Kinda mad to have the Japanese players with a several month head start and then giving other entrants literally one day of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Tekken 7 arcade version at EVO? Well's it's better than no Tekken.

Markman will probably convince Wizard to put TTT2 on when he gives him a few thousand dollars with Namco Sponsorship. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

KoF got dropped so we could have TWO Smash games?

Oh wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Its an awesome line up this year. The only thing that I don't agree with is the fact Wizard put two Smash games (no offense to Smashers). I say this because Smash already has Apex.

I'm predicting a smaller turn up for Marvel and that the following year we'll see it finally fade.

Looking forward to the Evo all nighter (if there is one this year)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Unusual to see 2 Nintendo games on but hey, if it pulls the figures it pulls the figures.

Possibly the last Evo on a build of SF4. Gonna enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Melee tournaments have had ridiculous turnouts lately and I doubt Nintendo would let them run Melee without Wii U. I'll be surprised if Melee doesn't have the 2nd highest entrants of all tournaments this year.

Really happy with the line up. Shame about KoF but last year for it was pretty dire (though the gameplay in top 8 was good) so I can see why it was cut in favour of other games.

Wonder what games won't be on Sunday. I reckon Sunday will be something along the lines of USFIV, UMvC3, 1 Smash, 1 anime (probably Xrd unless P4U2 brings real high numbers) and MKX.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The only reason Marvel is there, is to ensure at least one US winner.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Last year more people watched Marvel on stream than SF. It's a big ad revenue draw in that sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Smash, KI & MK are all gonna be US-dominated too.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

lol @ that lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So is anyone planning on an EVO trip this year? I'm still thinking about it but it might not work out.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Two smash games isn't exactly filling me with excitement, and given that next year may be the SFV year, it'd be a cool one to go to (with two SF games on stage).

Advertisement