Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

treadmill image pro ii fault

Options
  • 20-01-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm hoping this is posting in the right place, if not sorry.
    I've an issue with a treadmil a bought a few years back and would love to start using it again.
    The only problem is when it's on for a few minutes it starts speeding up until it gets to max speed and trips out.
    Now I've checked for any loose wiring and got my hands on a replacement control board but no joy.
    I'm hoping someone may have an idea for me as I'm out of ideas?!
    Thanks in advance

Comments

Any optical sensors on the drive pulleys? Could be dust fooling the RPM counter.
    Worth checking the motor phases are isolated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

Could you say make /model of machine. year of manufacture?

Any changes - i.e. have you moved it to a different location? (or other changes?)

I've no answer - just looking for a possible clue to this seemingly erratic behavior from the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Hi yes sorry it's the image pro 2 model asi650 but I'm finding it hard to find any info online about it but bought it about 7 years ago I've kept it out in an insulated shed but about the same time we had that very cold winter a few years back its given trouble.
    Could do with getting it working again as I've just broken my back bringing it into the kitchen will add some pics when I get the chance now there is a sensor for the speed on the drive pulley but would the speed on the monitor increase if that was the fault?

...would the speed on the monitor increase if that was the fault?

No idea. Could be dust on the counter so it'd not be RMS so to speak.
    First thing I'd do is blow it out with an air compressor or a hoover. Then look for corrosion on terminals that need cleaning etc.

Common problem I find with stepper motors is gunk in the encoder wheel.

51_150101d.jpg
    Do-fer like this. Runs through the centre of the optic sensor.

Advertisement