Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event Narraghmore Duathlon

Options
  • 20-01-2015 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

ATC Narraghmore Duathlon Series 2015
    Athy Triathlon Club with Narraghmore Community Development Group are hosting the above with race dates in February, March & April 2015
    More info available on Athy Trri Club website or via their FB page.
    Posted in the event link in the rules but it just takes you to a 2013 events thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Looks like a good event no affiliation.

10923648_1565401103717311_4619907835789293523_n.jpg?oh=51afcf053c4ad35145f8cb96cdf649a3&oe=5559BB8A&__gda__=1432019969_eeeed4090d0f789b9d89037deb2a615a

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I'm quite local so signed up for this as my first duathlon. I think my run times will be average but won't be great on the bike. Don't have a proper road bike as yet but have managed to do the cycle route (20.5km) in around 52-53 minutes in reasonably windy conditions. I know I'll be near the back on the bike section but have to start somewhere I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Came across this myself last week, hope to do the first one. I'm guessing it's pretty flat. Laps on the bike/run?

Bike is one loop I assume the run is aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Well I can't ask for more detail than that, thanks!

• Advertisement

The run I believe is out and back on one stretch of road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I intend to do the March & April events.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

I intend to do the March & April events.

Me too... looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Thinking of doing the feb and April events , looks a good one

Did this today - my first duathlon. Have to say very well organised, well marshalled and great atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

Agreed - very well organised event by Athy Tri Club and the local parish group, decent challenging bike course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Finished my first duathlon in narraghmore today, very well organised, last 4km on the bike is tough

Finished my first duathlon in narraghmore today, very well organised, last 4km on the bike is tough

Did it aswell, only my second duathlon. The cycle was a bit more difficult today, the wind seemed in our face the whole way.

I spent the second half of the cycle waiting on the wind to get behind me but it never changed

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shayr

Many thanks to some of the folks on here for supporting our 1st Duathlon Series :) last race in 3 weeks time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Hi,

Wondering would this race be a good one for someone doing their first ever Duathlon.

i would be ok on the run but a bit apprehensive on the bike as i would have never been in a racing scenario before. It would be pretty obvious to all that i am a complete novice, but i would not want to get in the way of other more experienced participants.

Hi,

Wondering would this race be a good one for someone doing their first ever Duathlon.

i would be ok on the run but a bit apprehensive on the bike as i would have never been in a racing scenario before. It would be pretty obvious to all that i am a complete novice, but i would not want to get in the way of other more experienced participants.

I took part in the last race and it was my first, very well organised event you'll have no problem doing it, the roads are big enough in all stretches to overtake so you won't be in anyone's way

Hi,

Did the first 2 as my first duathlons - no issues - very well organised. I didnt have a proper road bike so got passed by quite a few, but there are all standards of people at it. Go for it. Only upset that I can't make the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Signed up for the last race, looking to beat my time from the first event.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Did the last event yesterday for my first time. Every well run event with a challenging bike and run route!

• Advertisement

Did the last event yesterday for my first time. Every well run event with a challenging bike and run route!

I believe the bike route was changed last minute to a slightly shorter hillier route.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I believe the bike route was changed last minute to a slightly shorter hillier route.

Ya it was ! Was quite hilly for Kildare , so was glad of the training !

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Bike route was changed due to another race taking up part of the road. One more hill added, it wasn't too bad.
    Great day out and another well organised event by all involved.

Advertisement